Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure if this makes sense for shapeshifters...
Not sure if this makes sense for shapeshifters...
I came up with an idea for an advantage based on watching DBZ (OK, I admit it, I enjoy the mindless show [Image: smile.gif] ) : That Which Does Not Kill Me Makes Me Stronger.
For those who don't know, there's a race in DBZ that grows in power everytime they recover from damage, somewhat proportionally to the amount of damage they took, but occasionally exponentially (and possibly including a metamorposis of sorts when they reach a new level). It seems to me that this could be multi-leveled advantage, from someone who gains 1/10 point to put towards increasing ST/HT for every Fatigue/HP they recover (say, a 25-point variant) to something really obnoxious for 100+ points (haven't figured out the formula yet, but probably something exponential based on the proportion of damage).
While not particularly useful for true role-playing campaigns, it could be very interesting in a purely combat-oriented campaign...
Just a thought (I do have them on occasion [Image: smile.gif] )
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large

Messages In This Thread
Not sure if this makes sense for shapeshifters... - by Offsides - 10-06-2002, 12:24 AM
Shifters Playtest - by Morgan Champion - 10-11-2002, 06:23 AM