Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suddenly I'm not hungry, nor do I want to upgrade my OS

Huh. Fulton looks tasty, I'll admit... but the closest one to me looks to be around 600 miles away. Rather a long trip for a burger.

And a Canadian one at that. I mean, really. Big Grin

(Amusingly, I had a moose burger not that long ago, which was... interesting. I'm still not quite sure what I think of it.)

Edit: Good lord, Bob, now I want a Cheeburger near me. I've made it a point to try every "if you can finish this..." burger challenge I've
seen... and that Famous Pounder looks tasty. I've conquered worse. There's a little place in Idaho that has the Maggie Burger... which takes two
spatulas to lift off the grill, and a bun the size of your average small pizza.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Quote:And a Canadian one at that. I mean, really. Big Grin
Who else will put Canadian Bacon on a burger, though?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Looking at the Fulton page, I find I want to try them, too, and they're just as far away from as they are from Spud. Maybe more.

And Spud, I plan one day to head into the local Cheeburger hungry enough to take on a Pounder. After all, I eat Wendy's Triples without preparation, so
with a little planning I should be able to do 20 oz of beef. My only reservation is something they don't tell you on the site -- when they take your
picture, they do it with a big floppy plushie burger that acts as a giant dignity drain.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

And Spud, I plan one day to head into the local Cheeburger hungry enough to take on a Pounder. After all, I eat Wendy's Triples without preparation, so
with a little planning I should be able to do 20 oz of beef. My only reservation is something they don't tell you on the site -- when they take your
picture, they do it with a big floppy plushie burger that acts as a giant dignity drain.
I ate the one pound burger at Cheeburger Cheeburger once. It was fairly good. Their milkshake was excellent. I didn't like the flavored soda
(they mix seltzer with flavoring right there; it seemed weak).

Has anybody else eaten at Backyard Burgers (www.backyardburgers.com/dnn/)? Their 'Our Locations' map
places them as far west as Fort Worth, Texas, as far north as Erie, Pennsylvania and as far south as Orlando, Florida. I was quite annoyed when the location
near me closed a few months ago due to the economy. The price of their food was on par with Burger King while the quality was significantly higher.
Unfortunately, the relatively high prices and lack of brand recognition meant that they weren't getting enough business to be profitable.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Backyard Burgers looks like good food, but sadly, they're nowhere near me.

I haven't tried the Cheeburger sodas yet, as I've become enamored of their blueberry shakes.
-- Bob
---------

Quote: Shepherd wrote:

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

I ate the one pound burger at Cheeburger Cheeburger once. It was fairly good. Their milkshake was excellent. I didn't like the flavored soda
(they mix seltzer with flavoring right there; it seemed weak).

Has anybody else eaten at Backyard Burgers (www.backyardburgers.com/dnn/)? Their 'Our
Locations' map places them as far west as Fort Worth, Texas, as far north as Erie, Pennsylvania and as far south as Orlando, Florida. I was quite annoyed
when the location near me closed a few months ago due to the economy. The price of their food was on par with Burger King while the quality was significantly
higher. Unfortunately, the relatively high prices and lack of brand recognition meant that they weren't getting enough business to be profitable.

I've seen the Backyard Burgers in Dallas, from the highway, but never had the opportunity to swing in and try them out. They weren't there when it
would've been convenient. (They are located near an old apartment of mine.) Still, they look appetizing.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote:Looking at the Fulton page, I find I want to try them, too, and they're just as far away from as they are from Spud. Maybe more.
Well, if for some reason you're ever in Ottawa, I'll take you to the local franchise.

(We could make a party of it, considering at least five forum regulars live in town.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The odds that I'll be in Ottawa for any reason any time soon are vanishingly small, sadly.
-- Bob
---------

I'd suggest "5 Guys" in the D.C. area and a fair swath of the east coast as pretty good IMO but bear in mind the "Oh the
calories..."factor which applies even to their little burgers.
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."

DC area you say? Gonna have to add that to the list of things to check out if my Mom has us swing by The Capitol when I head back home for Christmas.

5 Guys kicks ass. Werehawk's right though, their burgers are a little over the top.