Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'day from down under.
G'day from down under.
I'm TD, 27, a Libra and very amateur writer from South Australia. Tongue

I was lead to Fenspace by a story posted by JakeGrey on SD.Net  . Spent the last month or so devouring the Wiki and the AO3 story list and some posts here on the forum and am greatly intrigued by the setting. Such an interesting premise.

An idea has been floating around in my head for a story (Which I’m planning on making an Infinities one since it’ll be me and rather sue-ish). Hopefully it won't be too bad. Tongue

Looking forward to being a part of the community and chatting with you all, thank you.

Welcome, TD! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to contribute!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Howdy TD!

Welcome to the nuthouse. Wink

I've kinda moved on from Fenspace, but feel free to look around the rest of the site. I'm still writing and, if you like what I was doing in Fenspace, then you'll want see what I've been doing recently in the thread, Dear Sweet Kami-sama, Why Do You Hate Me So?

Hello, TD! Welcome to the madhouse!

My stories are nothing like JakeGrey's, but I've been told they're at least readable... maybe even decent. If you like the "talking heads" style of stories, they might even be good. Lately (because of family reasons which are now permanently settled) I've become more of a fact-keeper than a writer, so if you need to know any minutiae about Fenspace, just ask.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I've actually read every Fenstory you guys have told that I've found so far and enjoyed all of them. And thank you for the welcomes.

@Black Aeronaut: I think I'm insnae so I guess I'm in the right place. Tongue And I'll have to check that out. I just actually started reading Drunkard's Walk though I'll get to it eventually. Tongue

@robkelk: I will certainly keep that in mind.

I've got some of the basic plot up to getting to space mapped out in my head. Man finds big tub of Wavium, sells most of it. Makes a AI, steals money from Dane bad guys. Starts building a ship. Tries making a Nanite system that will turn a big hunk of space rock into an Atlantis City Ship. Tongue Plenty of ways the plot can go. Currently planning to set it in '16. Now to actually start gathering info and start writing. Tongue

Hmmmmm... Nanites. Tricky.

We had one person propose a lot of over-the-top stuff that really didn't fit in with Fenspace, and we eventually had to tell him "no". One of those things was nanite-based. To be fair to that person, you might get some complaints about nanites if you propose them in the Fenspace forum, especially before 2025... I don't suppose you'd be okay with Mindstorms that shrunk in the handwavium wash instead? (They're almost nanites...)
--
Rob Kelk

I'm open to ideas, definitely, and that's an interesting one. I was looking at making this story an infinities one cause I don't think a lot of what I'm planning for the stories would make it into cannon, (plus I'm not sure I'm good enough to write in the cannon verse (very amateur writer)). Unless I'm misinterpreting what is meant by Infinities.

Hey, guys, brainstorm in the Fenspace forum where everyone else can get a word in; let's leave this thread for the meet-n-greet, okay?
-- Bob
---------

Except for Bob and me, we're all amateur writers - and my pro work is technical. Don't worry on that level.
--
Rob Kelk

And my pro work is for tabletop roleplaying games. Dn't worry about it.
-- Bob
---------

Oh, which games if you don't mind my asking?

As soon as I have the prologue/first chapter written, I'll make a post. Smile

GURPS, actually, from Steve Jackson Games in Austin, TX.
-- Bob
---------

Welcome. So long as you don't do what I do you'll fit in fine....

Hola and welcome from your friendly southwestern American. We're mostly friendly and when we slip up, well you can't get bitten over the internet (yet).

:}

I'm pretty sure I originally came over by way of the Drunkard's Walk story but I've stuck around because of the people.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:GURPS, actually, from Steve Jackson Games in Austin, TX.
Ah ok. Never played any GURPS stuff. I'm sure I'll get around to it one day. I noticed a GURPS subforum and I'll have a look see.

@Dartz, thank you for the welcome and huh? I'm curious as to what you mean.

@LilFluff, thank you. Always good to here a statement like that about a forum.

InsaneTD Wrote:I was lead to Fenspace by a story posted by JakeGrey on SD.Net

Yes! My recruitment efforts finally achieved something! Welcome aboard.

Sorry I traumatised you slightly with the "gay bomb" plotbunny.

Lol. That's ok. I get the feeling there is a reference there that I'm missing though.