Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Sick) Artist Friend Looking for Commissions
(Sick) Artist Friend Looking for Commissions
So I'm not trying to sell you artwork. 'cause while I draw, I don't usually charge folks for my drek.
But I know a talented artist who's in need of a little help. She's a recent art school grad, but she doesn't exactly have employment right now.
Thing is, she needs cash. She's currently trying to get paid commissions for artwork and such...because her medical bills are rising. She's got a chronic illness.
Anyway, this livejournal post has some of her recent stuff. Then, of course, there's her DeviantArt gallery, which has her usual prices for character artwork. She also sells custom-made notebooks and journals.
-- Acyl

I was wondering if I should patronize her for some arts to go with DSKS. Not like a webcomic or anything, more story-book like. First I saw her DA stuff, then her own webpage, and I started to wonder if she would even go for it... until I saw her LJ page and looked at her LJ Icon, which read:
"The sort to stand on a hilltop during a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting, 'All Gods are bastards!'"
Now I just wonder what rates she charges.  Wink
ETA: Ooops!  There they are:
USD 50 for one full A4 pencil drawing
USD 20 per additional character
USD 20-50 for additional background detail(depending on intricacy and time)
Herm...  Wonder how much more for pretty colors.

I see quite a few very attractive fantasy pieces on her sites. How is she at space-opera? (More specifically, Fenspace. Even more specifically, spot illustrations for Legend of Galactic Girls - anywhere from one to three pieces per chapter. I'll want to put them up on the FenWiki.)

And what sort of turnaround time does she usually manage?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I'm replying to this several months after the fact, I realise - but this was a long term request post to begin with - I haven't been on these forums (or indeed the Internet) much since the Postgraduate Term Time Explosion of Late 2009.
Anyway...if folks are still curious...far as I understand, she's willing to try anything. I don't know of any particular space opera or science fiction work she's done, but I know she's certainly read manga of the light sci-fi shounen sort.
(She did, for instance, insist on loaning me copies of a particular thing that genre based on the artwork.)
I can't really comment on turnaround times, though. I'd suggest asking directly.
-- Acyl