Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Metal Panic novels
Full Metal Panic novels
Given the ridiculous prices the Tokyopop licensed translations of volume 1-3 are commanding (over $1000 for a cheap paperback? Come the frell ON.), I've decided to look to ... alternative sources.
Anyone able to lay hands on one of these for me at reasonable prices -- the prose novels, mind you, not the manga -- will be suitably rewarded.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Novel #4 is available from rightstuf.com for about $12, for sure.
For #1, try here.  No promises though.
For #2, maybe here?
Can't help you on #3.  If I find one of those for a reasonable price, I'm keeping it.  It's the only one I'm missing.
Google's shopping search and bookfinder.com are your friends.
I managed to get a copy of #3 to read via inter-library loan.  You might consider that, just you can read them, at least.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Thanks, Jor. And yes, those are reasonable prices... (I already picked up #4 from a local shop, that's what set me on the trail of 1-3).

6-10 or so are fanslated, too...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

I was able to find a copy of three on ebay for $100.  That's a bit out of my price range, so here's a link if you are interested: Link
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

No thanks, that's a bit out of my price range, too.

My definition of "reasonable price" on these is simple: I will not pay more than $20 each.

Doctor Who novels went through a similar phase, copies of Lungbarrow and So Vile A Sin were going at similar prices on ebay for a while. Amazon's current best price on SVAS is $45... I think I paid $5 for mine?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Sheesh. Might as well see if anyone else is gonna pick up the license for these. Otherwise, I'll look for scanlations for all.

BTW: What price do the paperbacks themselves show on the cover? (If any at all...)

$10-15. They're standard manga-size Trade Paperbacks.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Jorlem: I've received vol 2 from Anime 101, but I got an email from ecampus today saying they were cancelling the order for #1...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Oy. That sucks.  
*Looks around a bit.*  There's a copy on ebay thats bundled with #2 that currently at $16.  It's worth a shot.
-----

If anyone is still looking for these, you can get books one and two here for $10.
-----

Jorlem, thanks. Didn't win that auction (got sniped at the last few seconds) but I did find another one with book 1 and a BIN of $19, so I snagged that one.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Glad to be of help. The hunt for book number 3 continues.
-----

Thanks again to Jorlem! Volume 1, 'Fighting Boy Meets Girl', is now in hand!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.