Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Silly Fic Idea
Another Silly Fic Idea
This just occurred to me on my ride into work this morning. I doubt I'll get around to writing it, so if someone wants to take this and run with it, go ahead with my blessings.
Revolutionary Girl Shinobu
Set at or near the beginning of Love Hina (at least initially).
Shinobu Maehara falls asleep in front of the TV at Hinata-sou, which has been running episodes of Revolutionary Girl Utena. She dreams of entering the story, casting herself as Utena and Keitaro as "The Rose Groom". In order to protect the poor, abused Rose Groom from the Hinata Academy Student Council, she must enter the mysterious Tournament.
I'm still working on correspondences for the Hina crew, but a couple are obvious:
Grandma is End of the World, although she makes for a poor Akio Ohtori.
Motoko as Saionji
Naru as Touga, with her little sister Mei as Nanami
Su as Miki
Which leaves Kitsune or Mutsume as Juri, which just doesn't really work; maybe Kitsune should be Touga (since they're both manipulators and con artists)...
And of course, Shinobu's mystery Princess is... um...
This could get real weird. Better correspondences could be gotten by giving Keitaro the Utena role (the Prince becomes the Promise Girl, for instance), but the idea came from the thought that Shinobu and Utena are almost the same age, and that Shinobu would look cute in Utena's uniform. Besides, that way gives us the classic "cute shy girl dreams herself a hero" setup.
Like I said, anyone wanting to take this and make something of it is welcome to.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Re: Another Silly Fic Idea
A bit of an update. I've given this idea a little more thought over the years (!) since I posted it, though not much. I have refined the correspondences a bit, though:
Shinobu - Utena
Keitaro - Anthy
Kanako - Akio
Grandma Hina - Dios
Naru - Saionji
Motoko - Touga
Su - Nanami
Haruka - Juri
Kitsune - Kozue
Mutsumi - Miki???
Seta -
Sarah -
Shirai -- Shadowgirl A
Haitani -- Shadowgirl B
Nyamo -- pink haired professor in black rose arc
Su's brother -- his male Anthy-clone partner.

I'm still considering the possibility of assigning Kitsune to Touga. The personality types align, plus there's the long-term friendship between Naru and Kitsune to parallel that between Saionji and Touga. But Motoko seems so well-fitted to the role, plus I was entertaining the idea that Suu would make a good Nanami (given how she clings to Motoko a lot).
You know what's weird, though? I can just see Motoko doing the open, flapping shirt thing for the "engine that races around the end of the world" speech -- except she's got the breast bindings, of course.
The idea of assigning Seta to Miki just for the sheer absurdity of it has occurred to me, too...

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.