Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While you're waiting for Friday night...
Re: Costume!
ultra-tanned?
Yeah ultra-tanned. Lisa is Japanese and in every offical picture of lisa I've always seen her as very dark skinned which means she seems to go to the tanning salon quite a bit to get that look.

Shawn Earl
Note that she calls Chief Todo (who is black, for those who don't recall) "uncle". This could be an honorific, which you frequently see in Japanese, used for an older male who is a friend of the family. However, the possibility exists that she is a blood relative, in which case she isn't tan, she's a light-skinned Afro-European or Afro-Japanese.
There's no evidence either way, though, and since I wanted to use her as someone to play Doug's Americanism off of, I made her more ethnically Japanese and made her relationship to Todo one solely of marriage (her father and Todo married sisters). This still doesn't explain the blonde hair. Maybe she's very mildly into the kogal or ganguro thing, and Doug never noticed. But I doubt it.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Quote:
would you believe that up until rereading the current chapters this past weekend, I thought Doug was black? I missed the desc as a blond the first time around, and then the bit about "imagine the service a black man in biker leathers would get walking into an upscale, first class hotel" when he first goes to get a room, thinking he's only going to be there until he can play the same gate song again threw me off.
That got me too! I spent the first couple of chapters thinking Doug was black myself! Then I reread and caught the description and re-adjusted my mental image. -Logan
-----------------
"So there I was, lying flat on my back, with my face pressed into the dirt, thinking, "Wait a minute, something's not rig..."
-----------------
I echo the comment above about wanting to sit in on a few sessions of "Warriors World". I've been playing Champions/Hero System since 1992 and there's one character - Lora Doubet - I've developed that would fit in very well into the Warriors/IST paradigm without much tweaking. I think I've mentioned her to Bob before. Man, if only I lived near Bob's area of the country or could commute readily! She'd fit right in!
There are two basic versions of the character. One I currently play in an anime/cyberpunk PBEM game. The other version of the character is played in Champions superhero campaigns and is an officer of UNTIL (That's United Nations Tribunal of International Law). Which serves a similar function as the GURPS I.S.T. organization. Except that instead of being a support structure for a whole bunch of superhero teams, they are more of an international police force using super-technology and regular agents. Think of them as the blue-suited regulars from Giant Robo or S.H.I.E.L.D from Marvel. Or think of them as INTERPOL - with teeth!
Anyway - I came up with a uniform for Lora that has some influences from The Rocketeer, Silent Mobius, and a touch of Appleseed. This wouldn't be the standard uniform for the organization, but more of a version modified for her.
Anyway - This is the initial drawing I came up with -
[Image: loradoubetcpluntil-shaded.jpg]
It amuses me to think that this uniform would fit right in with the Warriors whole color scheme. The bodysuit is grey. The boots are white. The jacket is of course, black, with the shoulder pauldrons being international UN blue, with gold highlights. The beret is black. (Or she can wear a standard UN blue beret) The faux shirt top is white and the tie is a dark navy blue or red (I never have decided which it really is).
Anyway, as to her powers - she's basically a super-powered full body cyborg. A quick thumbnail of her powers and abilities would be rather a lot like Kiddy Phenil from Silent Mobius, with some martial arts training on top and some investigative skills. Oh - and a latent psi ability that allows her to sense psionics in use.
Here's a pic of her in action.
[Image: Loraleap2.jpg]
Pity the poor fellow on the receiving end of that kick...
So - Do you think she'd make the Warrior's Cut, Bob? No need to spare my feelings, since the chance will likely never come up anyway. ^_^-Logan
-----------------
"So there I was, lying flat on my back, with my face pressed into the dirt, thinking, "Wait a minute, something's not rig..."
-----------------
Quote:
So - Do you think she'd make the Warrior's Cut, Bob? No need to spare my feelings, since the chance will likely never come up anyway. ^_^
Well, yeah, you are a bit far away to join the campaign... but yeah, she seems to be an upper-middle or lower-upper power-level; she'd fit in pretty well with the Warriors.

-- Bob
---------
Heh. Yeah, too bad about that. Of course there might be some issues with the tech. If IST is any vague guideline as to the tech level in Warriors World, it would probably be a little convoluted to justify her.
-Logan
-----------------
-----------------
The Warriors' World game is a lot more 4-color than it appears in DW2, so you needn't worry.

-- Bob
---------