Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D modeling thread #2 - re-render
RE: 3D modeling thread #2 - re-render
No worries. I doubt anybody would notice the documentation section growing while we have the rendering party going on.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(07-27-2019, 12:34 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 06:27 PM)robkelk Wrote: Half a week (one-twelfth of the way through) and there's 50 entries. That's a lot of enthusiasm... so I've tossed another $25 GC into the pot, for three draws out of the hat instead of two.

If anybody wants to render something for the freebie wiki, now's the perfect time.

One week, and 128 entries so far. If this momentum continues, the freebie wiki will get approximately one-tenth of the images it needs right now - which I will consider to be a resounding success.

The momentum continued - but we also created more pages.

Well, the 2019 event is done; all that's left is getting the gifts to the lucky participants. (Should you be interested in seeing the images that were pulled out of the e-hat, follow this finely-crafted link.)

There were 810 images in all. At the rate we're going, we might have images for everything in two or three decades... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-01-2019, 10:29 AM)robkelk Wrote: Well, the 2019 event is done; all that's left is getting the gifts to the lucky participants. (Should you be interested in seeing the images that were pulled out of the e-hat, follow this finely-crafted link.)

There were 810 images in all. At the rate we're going, we might have images for everything in two or three decades... Smile

(blows dust off thread) (coughs) (turns on air cleaner, blows more dust off thread)

It's time for the 2020 event. This year, the theme is "Get out and play - virtually!" Be cause nobody wants to remain cooped up, self-isolating - not even the characters in your runtime. Smile

There are at least two $25 gift cards in the folder as gifts for people who make the images connected to random draws.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(07-28-2019, 09:52 AM)robkelk Wrote: I'd be very interested in having some pages on the freebie wiki discussing how to use all that stuff in Blender, trueSpace, or other programs.

The wiki needs more "how to" articles to go along with the indexes.

Speaking of...

Daz to Blender Bridge. New, currently free. No indication whether it works in the other direction.

Also new and currently free: Daz to 3ds Max Bridge, Daz to Cinema 4D Bridge, and Daz to Maya Bridge.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(06-28-2020, 09:53 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 10:29 AM)robkelk Wrote: Well, the 2019 event is done; all that's left is getting the gifts to the lucky participants. (Should you be interested in seeing the images that were pulled out of the e-hat, follow this finely-crafted link.)

(blows dust off thread) (coughs) (turns on air cleaner, blows more dust off thread)

It's time for the 2020 event. This year, the theme is "Get out and play - virtually!" Be cause nobody wants to remain cooped up, self-isolating - not even the characters in your runtime. Smile

There are at least two $25 gift cards in the folder as gifts for people who make the images connected to random draws.

And that's done.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Hey, Rob, you've got a serious bit of vandalism going on. (my eyes...)
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Miraheze as a whole has severe vandalism going on. Just fixed ATT, now to fix the freebie wiki.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just found this collection in the Internet Archive. I think it's legal if one assumes the Internet Archive is legally equivalent to a lending library... but I'm not certain, so use at your own risk.

EDIT: One more that isn't in that collection - this one appears to be from 2002, so the resources will be rather dated... but, hey, non-humans aren't supposed to look like humans, right? Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Opened an account on the freebie wiki to add an image related to usage of a freebie on one of my RPG characters, since she got the Helmet of Ameridan, and that's a render of the Helmet for Dragania that I used for one of the images of her.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Oh, very nice work! Thanks for the image.

And I just promoted your account - you shouldn't see any more captchas now.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Ran this up using HeroForge, for an RP character of mine.

Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re-learning to .blend into flight....
so, been working on re learning blender by re creating an old project I lost...

Kinda wanted to share, but I think its mostly cause I'm hoping for any feedback, good or bad.

Pilot seat in progress

mostly done, now need to work on the rest of the cockpit detail.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
A head's-up to the folks who can never get enough textures: this bundle of "merchant resource" texture packs is currently free
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown