Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fifth of WTF Images

Rommel you magnificent bastard.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Surely in this case you mean "Munificent".  Wink
Also, Image Tax (that's me, at work, doing the Atlas thing, although my job is usually more Sysiphean):

[Image: IMG_20140627_162602656_HDR.jpg]

err... Would you mind terribly un-biggifying that pic? Some of us don't have 42" monitors with 6400x4800 resolution.

That image is indeed a bit on the huge side, but fortunately I can exercise my gadfly godly mod powers and shrink the size it takes in the post.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Whoops... thanks, Bob. Yeah, that did not scale the way I thought it would.

Quote:Ankhani wrote:
Rommel you magnificent bastard.
It strikes me that Rommel was often magnificent (and especially in the case cited) but, Patton to the contrary, seldom a bastard.
Edit to add pictures.  The bit about Admiral Togo's attack on Port Arthur reminded me of the following image (at half size to fit this page):
[Image: AdmiralTogo_zps65896c16.jpg]

From the same book comes a version of Admiral Nimitz.  I don't know if the real Nimitz was a Togo fanboy, but this bosomy blonde is certainly fangirling:
[Image: AdmiralNimitz_zps6e904486.jpg]

I found these here.  So far, I haven't tracked down a site without "hentai" in its title that carries this book.  Some of the military leaders portrayed are, like Togo, depicted as little girls and I've no idea why; most of the adults are decidedly "talented," although it's usually covered by a very snug-fitting uniform such as Nimitz wears above, and a few are downright NSFW due to wearing skimpy bikinis that might as well be painted on (Marshal Zhukov, for instance ... wow!).  I don't, by the way, notice any resemblance between the facial features of the ladies and the men they're representing.  

Once again, we have proof that today's Japanese artists are certifiably insane.

If you access this, you'll probably need to look at the comments below the gallery for identification of some of the characters, unless of course you read Japanese.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

http://www.dorktower.com/2014/12/24/pea ... -24-12-14/]Source

[Image: DorkTower1268.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

[Image: 15196_832994890056924_545759250767223143...d270b8.png]

[Image: naitivitynot_zpsce0f93d3.jpg][Image: governmentjoke_zps35d7386d.jpg][Image: Stormwolvietxts_zpsade45203.png][Image: bagsaccordingtocats_zps8adfaf04.jpg][Image: fool-yoda-mr-t-demotivational-poster-123...77b046.jpg][Image: tumblr_nez6q7w3GM1sqx8y7o1_500_zps7c23fc62.jpg][Image: WWJD_zpsc9f7cccc.jpg][Image: fatjoke_zps850bb95f.jpg]
[Image: 4d326261fb4cca65020ed8079e4fb2b119e604b2.jpg]
[Image: 42926541e04f7ab006ee4c0c5fc63cae6326e9d5.jpg]
[Image: a2a3678c1f6d420caf680da5ea5f00bcad3eab8b.jpg]
Edit:  Somehow the first pic got left out.  Surely it couldn't be Yuku's fault...
-- Bob
---------

[Image: unethical51-e1395614816352_zpsba9536e3.jpg][Image: doritos_zps30ff69d8.jpg][Image: catbed_zps255f80dc.jpg][Image: Vallhund_zpsc7760d75.jpg][Image: layeredPizzacake_zps6697f100.jpg][Image: planet-hopper_o_1672593_zps4555f48c.jpg][Image: luckyaussie_zps2f767788.jpg][Image: ster_trek_borg_cube_fridge_02_zps6c97c515.jpg]

Quote:Timote wrote:
[Image: unethical51-e1395614816352_zpsba9536e3.jpg]
I got two words for you: tire iron.
[Image: Vallhund_zpsc7760d75.jpg]
...  I have got to get my mom one of these.
[Image: ster_trek_borg_cube_fridge_02_zps6c97c515.jpg]
....  I have no words for this.  O_o

...but, where am I going to find Coke in 9-packs? I either buy a 6-pack and waste space, or buy a 12-pack and then have 3 room-temperature Cokes left over! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP AT NIGHT NOW?!?

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
...but, where am I going to find Coke in 9-packs? I either buy a 6-pack and waste space, or buy a 12-pack and then have 3 room-temperature Cokes left over! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP AT NIGHT NOW?!?
Don't think of them as 'left over'.  Think of them as reloads.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
It looks deep enough you could probably fit 18 in there.  It's available from ThinkGeek, btw.
[Image: Fing%20moron_zpsr6h1eh9w.gif][Image: weird%20al_zpsuewsv435.gif][Image: battery%20trick_zpss6pmrryi.gif][Image: uh%20oh_zpsoxtitx8o.gif][Image: wrong%20way%20guys_zpso1wpxa1k.gif][Image: tormenting%20cat_zpswrqxhurf.gif]

[Image: revolution_zpsg4udrr1d.gif][Image: an%20off%20day_zpsgihvymfy.gif][Image: cant...hold...on_zps5cxk0e6x.gif][Image: Iwouldreactthesameway_58dd2d_5376253_zpsofzfds2c.gif][Image: panda%20under%20fire_zpsqaajdawp.gif][Image: texas_zpsj0luilfq.gif]

The cat reacting to the fake spider attack brings backs memories...

To this day forty years later there is a certain mother of a couple of childhood friends who greets me with a high pitched yell "SPIDER!" followed by hitting me with what ever comes to hand.

Just last June I encountered her unexpectedly in Walmart...

So far no videos have turned up...

We are still friends and once the flashback is over it's safe to talk to her and catch up on her children as long as I stay out of easy reach.

hmelton

God Bless

[Image: broomNov514_zpsdcb656c2.gif][Image: rlaDec1214_zps369a941b.gif][Image: nqDec2114_zpsbf54ddb0.jpg][Image: Tundra07-02-09_zps1c288d8a.jpg][Image: herbNov2814_zps5fa6952c.gif][Image: shoeNov3014_zps038a3a60.jpg][Image: FFN2014-11-27_zps422815ba.png][Image: shoeDec114_zps56f6b425.gif]
... and I had to share both the image and the comments.
[Image: 24426dc1d947baab0afed008850cded700f67030.gif]
girlwithapurplescarf:

Quote:gallifrey-feels:

Quote:earthgirldonna:

Quote:feferipixies:

pretty sure this whole series has been about the wrong wizard guys
Plot Twist: He is able to do wandless magic because his comprehensive
understanding of quantum physics means that he is the only wizard/witch
to actually understand how magic works.
always reblog science wizard

always
-- Bob
---------

I did a little looking up and discovered that people have been commenting on the wandless wizard -- and what he's reading -- for at least a year.  I'd missed it completely until you put it here.  (Well, actually, I think I remember noticing that he wasn't using a wand back when I first saw the movie.  But his reading material?  Didn't spot it at all.)
According to some of the comments, by the way, he's played by Ian Brown of the Stone Roses.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

It's not wandless magic. What do you think he's stirring his tea with?
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ebony Wrote:It's not wandless magic. What do you think he's stirring his tea with?
Looks like a teaspoon to me...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:Ebony wrote:
It's not wandless magic. What do you think he's stirring his tea with?
Looks like a teaspoon to me...

"Steel wand, aluminum core, spoon end. This is a wand for a practical wizard. This strange American wizard said I ought to make a red case for it that holds a knife, fork, and tweezers, and call it a Swiss Army Wand. I can never quite understand those American wizards."
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

[Image: life%20lesson_zpsx6lcstco.jpg][Image: GotG%20as%20Avengers%20RPing_zpsghswufmt.png][Image: did-i-fucking-stutter_zpsacvq1i1o.jpg][Image: Tolkien%20marathon_zpsog76ezvx.jpg][Image: engineering%20flowchart_zpsqntf1fng.jpg][Image: condors_zpsx7b4h227.jpg][Image: col%20Sanders_zpslagecn9z.jpg][Image: Hyneman_zpsekj2rm7b.jpg]

[Image: Tolkien%20marathon_zpsog76ezvx.jpg]
Fucking love that last line there.  And seriously, that would be one helluva hard-core marathon.  It would be an epic geek fest.  Make sure to bring your most comfy stuff, have plenty of bean bag chairs, awesome food (fun thought: start something in the crock pot at the start, enjoy slow-cooked goodness 1/3rd of the way through.  You can do three solid meals like this!), and enough energy drinks and coffee to power a destroyer's crew for a whole day. Wink