Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Trailers Thread
RE: The Trailers Thread
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

*ponders*

Is it wrong that this trailer seems to portray RD Jr's portrayal of Dolittle as someone like the Dolittle-verse's version of 'Avengerverse' Tony Stark?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
New trailer for the Sonic movie, using an updated model for the eponymous hedgehog:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
-- Bob

-- Bob

This came up as preview before something I'd meant to watch.  

"If you don't get there in time, we will lose 1600 men.  Your brother among them."

No pressure, eh?
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
I maintain that Free Guy is actually the origin of Deadpool.
It's weird. You'd think that there'd be a network of couriers and field phones that would normally handle this, and a general that would have the authority to call of the attack would definitely have access to those systems, and those systems would definitely be able to move orders like that to a section of the trench he has control over in a couple of hours.
(12-11-2019, 05:41 AM)hazard Wrote: It's weird. You'd think that there'd be a network of couriers and field phones that would normally handle this, and a general that would have the authority to call of the attack would definitely have access to those systems, and those systems would definitely be able to move orders like that to a section of the trench he has control over in a couple of hours.
It's World War I, after all.  Isaac Asimov once wrote that "...never has constant, steady stupidity held sway for weeks, months, and years as among the military leaders of World War I. For persistent stupidity, they will never be approached." 

The U.S.'s "Lost Battalion" advanced without support on the flanks because the field phone lines had been cut, so they didn't know the bogged-down units to either side weren't advancing along with them.  So this doesn't surprise me in the field phone respect.  Putting "saving the day" all on a single two-man team?  That does boggle my mind.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
-- Bob

-- Bob

*blink blink blink*

The New mutants I recall were more about what Moira was claiming in her diaog... really finding children who did not understand what was happening to them and saving them and helping them to understand what was happening to them?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I'm more surprised that New Mutants finally has a trailer, it's been in the 'Coming soon' state for a couple years now, it kept be pushed back over and over again.
-- Bob

Check out the mural at about 2:02. This is an MCU movie...
-- Bob

Ah yes, Morbius the Living Vampire, occasional foe of Spider-man
-- Bob

Okay, this looks like a weird one:

-- Bob