Henry Oedipal Gerund Rollins!
*Oh* so NSFW
...but worth it.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I can't stand deadpool anymore.

It stopped being funny the moment it appearred everywhere.

-- Bob
---------

-- Bob
---------

oh christ, another attempt to relaunch the knight rider franchise, somebody find me a bucket

i am not sure myself on that remake of night rider myself with the hoff himself and kitt.......talk about trying to reboot lots of 80's things latly....

-- Bob
---------

also, a Lord of the Rings trailer done in the style of the Suicide Squad trailerhttp://www.youtube.com/v/TE05d0QyaZc&version=3 ... tube_gdata

-- Bob
---------
Ghostbusters!
And it is a reboot!

And may I just note that the ghost effects look nice.  And while the classic proton packs look fantastic, I love that trap, and the presence of alternate antighost armaments -- handguns and what looks like a power glove -- look really fun.
Edit:  And I only discovered this next one in a CNN article on the movie.  They went to MIT's physics department to design the science behind the proton packs:

-- Bob
---------

They aren't the first to do that Bob, IIRC Westwood went to MIT as well to figure out the physics behind tiberium for their C&C series.

Meanwhile, all I see is a bunch of unfunny jokes (didn't even crack a smile once - zero reaction from me, just eyerolls) a lot of overdone, dayglo neon CGI (hey - if the jokes go flat at least it's a psychedelic experience!) and naked political correctness done so loudly and over-the-top that it WILL come back around to bite itself in it's own ass. 
SIGH?
Joel Schumacher is going to be greatly relieved to know that he isn't going to be known to history as the only producer/director to make a day-glo neon effects, over-the-top, unfunny-trying-to-be-clever movie that kills a major franchise DEAD.
Congratulations millennials! You have a "Batman and Robin" for your generation!

Eh. So far it doesn't look like it's going to be anywhere nearly as horrible as Batman and Robin.

I'm just wondering why there's all the homages to the original GB movies. Is this actually a sequel in disguise?

Oh, it gets better: Enough of the twittersphere is having a claws-out catfight over the trailer: "If you don't like it, you're Sexist! If you like it, you're RACIST."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Mwah? The first part I get, it's obvious. The second part? Oh, I get it. Three white scientists and a black subway worker. Riiiiight.
-- Bob
---------

Wasn't that more or less the original Ghostbusters as well? 3 older white men with a good education and a black man with a working class background?

I don't know if we ever learned Zeddmore's background beyond it not being science. (Which is why I find the "four scientists" thing at the start of the trailer kind of odd.) But if I had to guess I'd say yeah, almost certainly working-class.
-- Bob
---------
Spot the new faces

-- Bob
---------

From the man that directed Summer Wars and Wolf Children.

Australian Trailer:

US Trailer:

I want to see this. So. Much.

Saw the first of the manga in Barnes and Noble last week. Considering getting it.

Holy Crap. This is *real*.

It has an IMDB page and a Wikipedia page as well; the latter describes it as "...a spoof of Disney, Pixar and DreamWorks Animation films."
And those baby carrots in the trailer?  According to IMDB, they're voiced by Stephanie "Suga Bay-Bee"/"Rini"/"Sailor Chibimoon" Beard.
-- Bob
---------

Oh. Wow.
Just. Wow.

This is like Samurai Jack meets Coraline.

Mmmm.... interesting.

And... is that an orchestral version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" as the soundtrack starting at about 1:45?
-- Bob
---------