Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Trailers Thread
RE: The Trailers Thread
... How many people remember that the Turtles were/are an unofficial spin-off of Daredevil's origin story? So this is a pseudoMarvel/DC crossover.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(03-13-2019, 07:09 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: ... How many people remember that the Turtles were/are an unofficial spin-off of Daredevil's origin story?

*raises hand* And a riff on the Miller addenda thereto (Splinter is a smaller version of Matt's mentor Stick, the Foot are a parody of the Hand...).
(03-13-2019, 04:38 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 07:09 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: ... How many people remember that the Turtles were/are an unofficial spin-off of Daredevil's origin story?

*raises hand* And a riff on the Miller addenda thereto (Splinter is a smaller version of Matt's mentor Stick, the Foot are a parody of the Hand...).

For that matter, when the Turtles first met April, she was on the run from a mad scientist who destroyed "the Retxab building ... vacant except for a few small offices since the previously owners vanished mysteriously..." (Bolding from the original.)

-----
F.O.G.E.Y.:  Fifties and Older Generation, Enemies of the Young — the extremist wing of the Gray Panthers
...Or that April was originally black?

And we're now wildly off-topic for this thread, so let's move TMNT recollections somewhere else, please.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Whatever it takes.

-- Bob

-- Bob

-- Bob

That was... rather unexpectedly interesting.
.... Good grief, it's like Tomb Raider meets Harriet the Spy. O_o;

-- Bob

From the comments:
Quote:Ridwan Sha
4 days ago
Thanos is in trouble now, he didn't know about low budget heroes?
-- Bob

Gimmegimmegimme!

h
Okay, now THAT's impressive.
Or: 'What happens when Clark Kent gets bullied into a mental breakdown.'
Caution. This link with result in grave psychological damage and a general loss of will to live.

Yes, it's the Sonic movie trailer.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find some plastic hose and my car keys.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
I dunno, it seems to me like a fairly standard action movie.

So, brainless and carried by the explosions.
[Image: 800_bec16f58d60f891383f9338dd29a6de46a5eb73b.jpg]
(05-01-2019, 02:27 PM)Wiregeek Wrote: [Image: 800_bec16f58d60f891383f9338dd29a6de46a5eb73b.jpg]

*rimshot*
Are y'all ready for some HYPE??? ;D

The composer for the Godzilla King of the Monsters soundtrack is Bear McCreary - the same MADMAN who gave us Taiko Drums and Bagpipes and made them WORK for Battlestar Galactica in epic fashion! And though he's definitely composing his own stuff here - he's more than happy to throw in a little old-school into the mix - Akira Ifukube would be PROUD!! 

And - for what MUST be the ending credits song - some good old-fashioned unapologetic FAN-SERVICE!!! YES! Go Go Godzilla!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I really hope this trailer is misleading. I liked the antivillain/antihero Maleficent of the first film, and this makes her out to be a bit more distinctly evil.
-- Bob

-- Bob

-- Bob