Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Trailers Thread
RE: The Trailers Thread
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
'It's just a really fast and strange errand.'

Yeah, that's a quest alright.

EDIT to add: In the comments a discussion formed about how long ago the first film came out, with most folks underestimating it. The correct answer -- six years -- was met with various responses, and my favorite was:

crazy wild person 22 minutes ago
My God I feel freaking old and I'm only 13
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Edit to add a variant with a few extras:

-- Bob

Charlie's Angels returns to the big screen, with three Bosleys (one played by Patrick Stewart, one played by the director/screenwriter).
-- Bob

I'm not seeing the importance of there being multiple Bosleys.

Pretty sure I'm not old enough to remember the Charlie's Angels series.
I think it's a joke on the first movie series with Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Cameron Diaz. Between the first and second movies they changed who played Bosley, and it looks like they made "Bosley" into a title or position in this film as a reference to that.
-- Bob

neat little thing I noticed, the Russian officer/handler that appears several times?  he played a KGB officer/soviet general in the spy movie Red Sparrow last year, Smile
-- Bob

-- Bob

A trailer I came across last night courtesy of the EPU forums:

-- Bob

Video 

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
We've known it for some time, but it seems Hollywood is really out of ideas.
Not so much out of new ideas, as terribly averse to anything that is too new and innovative (unless, of course, the innovator has enough heft and funds by himself to buck the studios). For instance, back in 2000 someone in Hollywood (I forget the specifics at this late date) actually optioned Ranma 1/2 for a film -- but apparently the concept of a sex farce centering on a gender-switching martial artist was way too weird for any studio in Hollywood to risk even considering, and it went nowhere until the option finally expired.
-- Bob

-- Bob

-- Bob

It has finally happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_nj6wW6Gsc
That Trailer for Top Gun plays like 'Tom Cruise in a Mid-life crisis'
-- Bob

-- Bob

-- Bob

-- Bob