Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone read/write German?
Can anyone read/write German?
Looking for a bit of help. My mother needed an ambulance ride during her vacation trip to Germany last month, and is now having trouble paying the bill since it is written in German and Google translate only helps so much. The only payment option seems to be to a German bank, but my mother's bank staff couldn't read the international routing info well enough to set up a money transfer.

Since there is contact info on the bill, I figured I'd write and e-mail them a letter asking about payment options rather than trying to place a potentially lengthy international call and vaguely hoping someone there speaks English well enough help. So is anyone willing and able to translate something for me to send, then translate their eventual response? Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Re: Can anyone read/write German?
Pretty sure much of Germany is at least capable enough of written English that if you sent them an e-mail asking for English instructions they won't be too bothered about it.

If it were Dutch my answer would be the same, but then I could at least help you. Unfortunately, despite living only 30 kilometers or so from the Dutch-German border my German is non existent.