Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pending Move
Re: Pending Move
Morganite is registered.

It's quite strange that it's telling me I have private messages, but I can't actually view them...

While we're at it, is the forum supposed to be only visible when logged in right now?

-Morgan.
I just activated you.  That might make not-visible things visible -- I'm too drowsy right now to think clearly about the settings I made last week to be more definite.  Dunno about the private message thing, it might be an automatic welcome message.-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Also done
Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that if you want a username change, I should be able to do that with just a couple of queries.  So now is the time if you want a rename of any type!

I'm personally going to change my name to "Labster", because I'm that on github and wiki and basically everywhere else, and because I don't really feel like I need a separate identity for fanfiction or troping anymore.  I'll leave it up to the community if they want me to be able to Stalinize old threads to the new usernames (just in quote markup, I assure you).

If you have an old identity and want me to be able to attribute them to the new account, I can do that too.-- ?×V
Time to dust off the lurker card... but the prospect of an identity change? Hmmm... Tempting. One less or one more identity to track. Decisions, Decisions.... Smile
vorticity Wrote:I'm personally going to change my name to "Labster"

I don't even know who you are anymore! Tongue
Okay, I've registered as "Inquisitive Raven." I thought about using my SB/SV login, but decided that keeping the old ID would be less confusing.
Registered.-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Registered.
robkelk Wrote:EDIT: And I'm member 23. Fnord.

Congratulations on the significant number.  Eris smiles upon you.  Wink
robkelk Wrote:
Black Aeronaut Wrote:Done.  First user after Bob!  Nyaa-nyaa!  ;D

Yeah, whatever. So hurry up and reply to that buddy request, will ya?

Sorry, I was at work.  All done now.  Smile
braaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnnnzzzz.... errrr...  rrrreeeeggggiiisssttterrreedHear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

[b]NO QUARTER!!![/b]

-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Just activated everyone in the queue.-- Bob
---------
I'm in the process of writing a converter now.  Rather than screwing around with regular expressions and getting things wrong, I'm using an actual HTML parser for most of the work.

I'm dealing with image tags now, which I'm trying to upgrade to HTTPS wherever possible.  That will avoid some mixed-content warnings when Bob enables SSL on his domain, hint hint.  We also need to figure out what our syntax will be for embedding youtube.  it doesn't look too hard to create custom MyCode for that.

I'd say I'm about 90% done with the conversion, and therefore just started on the second 90%.-- ?×V
Bob Schroeck Wrote:
SilverFang01 Wrote:Just rechecked the account and it seems that I dropped the -g01 from the name.
I might be able to fix that, let me see.

ETA:  And fixed.
Thanks
You're welcome.  It also clued me in how to change my account name from "accessdenied" to "Bob Schroeck".-- Bob
---------
vorticity Wrote:I'm in the process of writing a converter now.  Rather than screwing around with regular expressions and getting things wrong, I'm using an actual HTML parser for most of the work.

Good.
I've registered on the new site.

As others have said it looks like you need to be logged in to view the thread. Would I be causing any problems for the site if I left myself logged in. I know its not good practice but its the lazy option.

Mark
vorticity Wrote:If you have an old identity and want me to be able to attribute them to the new account, I can do that too.

It is unlikely (I think) but possible that I have some appearances as "Morganni" still in there, which could stand to be switched to Morganite if they exist.

-Morgan.
Looks like my converter is done, or very close to it.  The only thing I can think of now is that old thread URLs need to be pointed to new ones.

Yak shaving expedition: Why am I looking up details about listing products on Amazon again?
Weird bug: Failure in a module I was using, turned out to be I was parsing outer quote markup before inner quote markup.  Thus deleting parent nodes before the child had been processed.  Depth first processing fixed this.
Dataset: riddled with errors, SNAFU.  See also Amazon product listings.
Tools: fulltext search on 155k posts was surprisingly fast, O(seconds)

sqlite> select count(*) from posts where author = 'Morganni';
Nope.-- ?×V
I've registered.
Ooh! We get to set our own Custom User Titles!

I just set mine to the one I have over on the SJGames forums (where only an admin can set a user title).--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
And regged.Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of
mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Been a while since I've been active, but this is worth surfacing for.  Registration initiated.
hmmm, at what point should we stop posting here and start posting to the new site?___________________________
"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." - George Carlin
Right now I'd like to keep the new boards ... uncomplicated ... while we get the transfer working.-- Bob
---------