Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar Eclipse
Solar Eclipse
Down town Seattle Right now watching traffic look for Parking we only get a partial here, but it's going to get dark again in less than an hour...
Thought I'd put something here in case some on else is watching/tracking the thing...Any thing I write here may be used for content, unless used for personal gain,
or used against the Grand Duchy of Fenewick.
--
Never trust the Spell Checker, that correctly spelled word may not be the one you aimed for.
Re: Solar Eclipse
We're getting a partial in Ottawa, as well. And I'm too busy to go look at it.

(They played Total Eclipse of the Heart on the radio this morning to acknowledge the event. I would have gone with You're So Vain, myself - at least it talks about an eclipse of the sun.)--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Hasnt started yet here in Lost Angels, but should be soon.  Kinda overcast here though.  

correction:  It has, just a little, but the cloud cover makes it hard to seeHear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

[b]NO QUARTER!!![/b]

-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
oh, and xkcd is, of course, taking some wonderful pot shots at the even in its typical style...

http://xkcd.com/1878/Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?

[b]NO QUARTER!!![/b]

Okay, if the schedule I read is accurate, it began a few minutes ago here in NJ, and we've got about an hour to totality.  

Meanwhile, I'm watching the CBC's live coverage on the Web, and it just went total in Casper, Wyoming.  

I remember the last eclipse I experienced, a partial when I was a kid in the 1970s -- the reactions at the time were very different.  The massive party atmosphere the news is documenting today is just amazingly different from the very quiet, almost somber response and coverage back then.  

In other news, President Trump has announced that sinister Alt-Left forces have stolen the sun in order to intimidate good, honest Nazis.-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
And for those of you who need it, a helpful guide to the kinds of eclipses:

<span class="inline-attachment">

<dl class="file">
<dt class="attach-image">[Image: file.php?id=2]</dt>
<dd>eclipses.png (1010.51 KiB)
Viewed 121 times</dd>
</dl>

</span>
From the immortal tome Science Made Stupid, by Tom Weller, published in 1985.  (If you've never seen or read it, you must do so immediately.  You can find an authorized PDF of it here.)-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Its mostly wrapped up here in California.  Didn't watch it per sey, but did go out and look at the start, as close to totality as we got, and right at the end.Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?

[b]NO QUARTER!!![/b]

Bob Schroeck Wrote:In other news, President Trump has announced that sinister Alt-Left forces have stolen the sun in order to intimidate good, honest Nazis.
Crikey!  He's on to us!-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
It went about 80 percent totality in D.C. A good portion of the facility went to the parking lot to watch. I ended up passing out the glasses as folks streamed out. Our chief of security was worried about having to shutdown the gates.

BTW, should we be concerned that the eclipse happened during Trump's term in office?__________________
Into terror!,  Into valour!
Charge ahead! No! Never turn
Yes, it's into the fire we fly
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Let me phrase that differently Ordnance. should we be concerned had the eclipse happened in Jeb Bush', Hillary Clinton's or Bernie Sanders' terms of office?
Personally,
I can't blame Trump for the Solar Eclipse, nor can I blame the Solar eclipse for Trump. I'd like to blame the Solar Eclipse for Kim being such a Doody Head in Korea, But I can not put the two together.Any thing I write here may be used for content, unless used for personal gain,
or used against the Grand Duchy of Fenewick.
--
Never trust the Spell Checker, that correctly spelled word may not be the one you aimed for.
I would have been, at least for Clinton or Sanders, because I wouldnt have voted for them in the first place because I very much distrusted their professed policies.

Hell, just to make my POV about it all clear, I made sure to vote, and not for ANY of them.Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?

[b]NO QUARTER!!![/b]

A bit late, but....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... g-glasses/

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the leader of the free world.

God help us.