Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say, Aleh...
Say, Aleh...
It looks like your sig got broken during transition from Yuku to Crapatalk.  Just sayin'.-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
RE: Say, Aleh...
(08-24-2017, 03:46 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: It looks like your sig got broken during transition from Yuku to Crapatalk.  Just sayin'.-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeah. I haven't exactly been on this forum for the last, ah, decade... and, well, this account isn't that one. I'm not quite sure what's going on there. Honestly, I (re-?)created this account a while ago when I visited for other reasons (FFML referral, nostalgia?) and couldn't see my original account at all. Then, well, I just... left again.

And came back when looking for something that I remembered posting here RE a trip I took to New York which had... consequences... while trying to get the timeline of my life straight for a letter to my niece. I found this while searching... and, well, the rest is history.

... although I haven't found that old thread/discussion, despite finding another thread in which you reference it. Have found a lot of old, broken (and not-broken) fanfiction links, though.
Well, welcome back. And when I get home tonight, I'll reassociate your old posts and threads with your new account. What happened is that when Crapatalk mutilated Yuku, Brent was kind enough to figure out how to scrape all the data out of what was left, which I used to recreate the forums here on my personal site. I was able to restore all the boards and pretty much all threads and posts -- but not the user accounts, which is probably why you're confused. As people have drifted back in, I've done a little SQL magic to give them back all their posts. I'm surprised I didn't do that for you before, but I will take care of it within 24 hours.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(03-13-2019, 03:36 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Well, welcome back.  And when I get home tonight, I'll reassociate your old posts and threads with your new account.  What happened is that when Crapatalk mutilated Yuku, Brent was kind enough to figure out how to scrape all the data out of what was left, which I used to recreate the forums here on my personal site.  I was able to restore all the boards and pretty much all threads and posts -- but not the user accounts, which is probably why you're confused.  As people have drifted back in, I've done a little SQL magic to give them back all their posts.  I'm surprised I didn't do that for you before, but I will take care of it within 24 hours.

I don't think I did anything to draw attention to the fact that I'd created this account -- in fact, I think that post above was the first time I'd actually posted with it.
Well, considering the "posts" count at the right across from your username now reads two, I'd say you're right. Nice to have you back.
--
‎noli esse culus
(03-13-2019, 04:21 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Well, considering the "posts" count at the right across from your username now reads two, I'd say you're right. Nice to have you back.

Not sure how "back" I am... but thanks. I do hope this lets me find that thread, though -- it'd help me date something that, frankly, is irritating me.

In essence, I actually visited Brooklyn Superhero Supplies after hearing about it here shortly after it opened (so my visit would have been 2004 or 2005, I think), breaking away from the rest of my family to stop by. I actually conducted some of the planning for that on this forum.

That, however, wasn't the only thing that happened during that trip... nor is it the first thing I think of when I think of that "vacation." That honor goes to a bit of family drama that... well, this really isn't the place to talk about that, but there's a reason why I was looking for the date when writing a letter to my niece.

I was an undergrad at the time, and the trip was during a school break... but, unfortunately, I no longer remember which break it was during. Thus I came back here to look for the thread in hopes that I could get the chronology right... and found this thread.
(03-13-2019, 04:21 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Well, considering the "posts" count at the right across from your username now reads two, I'd say you're right. Nice to have you back.

No longer:

Quote:Posts: 374
Threads: 18
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(03-13-2019, 04:10 PM)Aleh Wrote: I don't think I did anything to draw attention to the fact that I'd created this account -- in fact, I think that post above was the first time I'd actually posted with it.

Well, since I have to manually approve every user, it's bugging me that I must have approved you and not associated your old posts with your new account like I did for everyone else.

As for when you registered on this incarnation of the forums, well, the Admin control panel says you did it only five months ago, on 10-11-2018 at 09:05 PM.  Which bothers me even more -- because I don't remember it!
-- Bob

(03-13-2019, 05:21 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:10 PM)Aleh Wrote: I don't think I did anything to draw attention to the fact that I'd created this account -- in fact, I think that post above was the first time I'd actually posted with it.

Well, since I have to manually approve every user, it's bugging me that I must have approved you and not associated your old posts with your new account like I did for everyone else.

As for when you registered on this incarnation of the forums, well, the Admin control panel says you did it only five months ago, on 10-11-2018 at 09:05 PM.  Which bothers me even more -- because I don't remember it!
Wasn't that in the middle of a flood of new visitors from the FFML?
Hm. You may be right, although it wasn't really a flood.
-- Bob

(03-14-2019, 07:08 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Hm.  You may be right, although it wasn't really a flood.

Very well — a spill, then?