Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now we're really done.
And now we're really done.
I just imported the last six posts (including one new thread) that had slipped into the old forums at the last minute.  

We're really and truly done.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: And now we're really done.
I know this is a minor necro, but I was digging up data off a Wayback Machine copy of the old forums, and I noticed that we completed the transition just four days short of the boards' fifteenth anniversary -- the original ezBoard incarnation was opened for business on 19 September 2002.

And now I feel old.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Oh, this just reminded me, do you want to reset our join date to when we joined the old forums? I'm pretty sure it was in the data dump I gave you. It doesn't matter all that much to me whether you do it or not, it's just something you can do.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I've been thinking of that, yeah. It's part and parcel of updating the stats table to reflect the 15-year history of the boards -- and the stats table is basically a day-by-day record of number of users, posts and threads. I'll need to write a script to basically grovel through the posts and threads tables, read dates, and write a temp table holding a new version of mybb_stats that has a full 15-year history; I can then go through the data from the old board and add that info to the temp stats at the same time as I update the regdate field in mybb_users.

When I've got the temp table in shape, I'll just insert its records into mybb_stats after deleting anything from before I started the process.

It'll get done, at some point in my copious free time.
-- Bob

On the subject of stats, btw, I'm still searching for the template that renders the little block on the top page with the total posts, threads, users, etc. I've found the template that generates the larger box it lives in with who's online, birthdays, and that little menu on the bottom right, but I can't find it, dammit.
-- Bob