Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schadenfreude rules
Schadenfreude rules
A simple Google search to get a bit more background on Tapatalk led me to their Facebook page. And boy, are people not happy with them about Yuku.  We're far from the only community who felt like they got savaged by Crapatalk's handling of the changeover.  This is a fairly typical post:

Quote:Max Beeson  Hey tapatwat, you useless bunch of moronic flogs, when are you going to fix that monumental fuck up you made of the yuku forums??? What you lot of brain dead fuckwits have done to those forums is bordering on criminal.
July 24 at 6:44am

And it's not just Yuku users who are unhappy with them -- apparently they pissed off their pre-existing userbase a year or so ago with a new release that was ugly, cumbersome and prone to crashing/locking.  I've yet to spot a positive comment on their wall that wasn't posted by their Marketing department or an obvious marketroid.

Maybe we should post a message pointing to Taparip and noting that the TOS -- which Yuku users certainly didn't have a chance to agree to before the changeover -- allows "backing up"...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Schadenfreude rules
If there was any chance we might want to go back some day, I'd advise against that... but what are the odds of that?

Go ahead and burn that bridge. What are they going to do, delete the forum?

EDIT: And since they might delete the forum, I've updated all of the links I could remember posting on the SJGames forums to point here instead of there.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Yep, do it. I wouldn't put a copyleft license on if I didn't mind other people using this software. Although I put a copyleft on pretty much anything that isn't work related. I'm just that generous, if I may humblebrag for a moment.

The only downside is that people may have issues with it flying under the radar if Tapatalk becomes aware of it. But it's not like their tech department has shown any great competence anyway.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
And done. I dropped a note with a link as a reply to the post quoted above, and another. Should be enough for now.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....