Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual/unique pairings
Unusual/unique pairings
I have recently been rereading Royal Ward by Catstaff, a Harry Potter fanfiction where a 9-year-old Harry comes to the attention of the Crown by defending the young Princes Harry and William from Dudley on a playground without knowing who they were.  The last few chapters of the story as of this date have been set during the period where Charles and Diana's marriage falls apart, and as a side effect of Harry being the titular Royal Ward, Princess Diana and Sirius Black know and are very clearly starting to gravitate toward each other. 

Now Diana/Sirius has to be one of the most unusual pairings I've ever come across in fanfiction, and probably unique to this particular story.  Thinking about it, I got to wondering -- what other really different/unique pairings are there out there in the various fandoms?  I don't mean crack pairings (even though I've put Sirius/Diana on that page at ATT).  I'm wondering about singularly unexpected pairs which still make sense in context.  Tell me what you've come across!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Unusual/unique pairings
Azula and Soka is one of the more interesting ones I've seen. Mainly from the AtLA fic, Gladiator.
The oddest ones I've done are probably Buffy/Drusilla, Buffy/She-Hulk, Faith/Doc Savage, Kennedy/Patricia Savage, Faith/Jim DiGriz, or Rinkin Mueller/Elvis Presley (I mean Sebastian Haff).
SEZ
BZG
I read an exploration of "What if Sauron captured/killed Frodo and got the Ring back?"  Aragorn and the army, including the Rohirrim and the entire Fellowship, were wiped out by Sauron's magnified power — and in the aftermath, Faramir and Arwen became a couple.  (I forget the author; sorry ... but it struck me as a rather scholarly extrapolation.)
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."