Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "What Would A Fanfic With This Title Be About" Thread
The "What Would A Fanfic With This Title Be About" Thread
In honor of the new forums, it's the game that went 30 pages in the last one, "What would a work (fanfic or otherwise) with the following name be about?" (Note that there are some new ones here not found in the previous thread). Feel free to suggest your own.
  • Normative Vacuum
  • For The Love Of Murder
  • Vampire Watermelons
  • Theories of International Relations and Superheroes
  • Principia Homicidii
  • Luck Tales (woo-oh!)
  • Familiar of Aleph Null
  • Why Can't We Be Enemies?
  • A World of Pure Recrimination
  • Eat Shiitake And Die!
  • Non-Indicative Title
  • Master of the Flying Electric Chair
  • HungerXHunger
  • Exactly What It Says On The Tin
  • Rainbow Dash Goes Crazy And Totally Whales On Everyone
  • Unlimited Moe Works
  • Moe Moe Moe (How Do You Like It?)
  • Transformers Sucks, And I'll Tell You Why At Great Length
  • Prince King
  • Shave The Animals!
  • The Dark Souls of _______ Fanfiction
  • Kitten Chow Main
  • Slash and Hack
  • Hart and Stole
  • Turducken Is Tasty
  • Generic Worm Altpower Fic #2615
  • History of the Decline And Fall of the Equestrian Empire
  • This Kind of Idiot Would Do That
  • Oldblood
  • It's Always Sunny In Westeros
  • The People of the State of New York v. Sherlock Holmes
  • Even Worse
  • Kidneyfish
  • Things To Do in Denver When You're Death
  • The Lawsuit of Batman v. Superman, As Presided Over By Judge Dread
  • Longcat is Short
  • And That's All I've Got For Now

And, since I've provided so many, I'll answer two of my own:

Principia Homicidii: Professor Moriarty spins out a assassination plan that's designed to fail and hand the would be killers to Sherlock Holmes while making it look like the killers were incompetent in following through on his plan. The psychology of these would-be murderers figures heavily in said clever double-cross.
Things To Do in Denver When You're Death: There's a Grim Reaper convention in Colorado; in attendance are the Deaths of the Discworld, of the Endless, a contingent of Reapers from Dead Like Me, and The Raven Queen. One part Existential Philosophy, one part a tourist travelogue, and one part not very good death related puns.

Thanks
Luc "Content" French
RE: The "What Would A Fanfic With This Title Be About" Thread
Why Can't We Be Enemies?
In A World where Klingon Promotions are the only promotions, two high-ranking people in the same organization fall deeply in love with each other.

Shave The Animals!
A champion competitive sheep-shearer decides to expand his horizons.

Slash and Hack
A Day in the Limelight for Those Two Bad Guys from ReBoot.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(09-29-2017, 05:56 AM)Lubaf Wrote: Things To Do in Denver When You're Death: There's a Grim Reaper convention in Colorado; in attendance are the Deaths of the Discworld, of the Endless, a contingent of Reapers from Dead Like Me, and The Raven Queen. One part Existential Philosophy, one part a tourist travelogue, and one part not very good death related puns.

Thanks
Luc "Content" French

Death the Kid should be there, since Death City is on the site of OTL Las Vegas. Shinigami, from the Soul Society and/or Shinigami-kai, would be greatly appreciated by this reporter.
Proper contribution:
HungerXHunger is obviously about Gon-nakama ending up on an island that forces young Hunters to fight each other to the death. Which may have been an actual HxH plot.
Exactly What It Says On The Tin (Popeye inspired)

"Funnily enough nobody ever believed that anything labelled Whoopass Brand Canned Spinach was something to be worried about. But there always ended up being someone was desperate enough to try eating it."

A series of short parts, each providing a key character in a bad situation with a very special can. And, of course, a can opener to use on it.

This Kind of Idiot Would Do That (A Worm/Mythbusters/Home Improvement crossover)

"In a twist of fate the parahuman who would otherwise have been known as Crawler instead got a big break into the entertainment business proving that, regardless of how dumb and dangerous an idea was, this was the kind of idiot who would do it."

A series of non-contiguous scenes showing what sort of ratings happen when you film a masochist with adaptive regeneration doing his best to win a Darwin Award.

The chapter concerning FOOF powered rocketry is highly recommended, not for the squeamish.

Slash and Hack (Sword Art Online)

"Under normal circumstances using exploits in an online game could, at worst, get you banned from playing. Hiroshi Nakasawa knew that and knew that actually managing to hack into one, via a few hardware adjustments, enough to access limited GM privileges would definitely cost him a lot. But with over ten thousand players trapped in the newest and greatest VRMMORPG, Sword Art Online, the consequences may be flat out deadly.

As more and more players begin to die Hiroshi is forced to decide if he will continue trying to hack deeper into the game's systems, risk using his privileges to save a few and hope that it is not noticed, or flee the system entirely before he too gets killed..."

A rather long, not quite epic length, fanfic which adds in a hacker who is 'trapped' in SAO with everyone else. He wrestles with the aforementioned dilemma repeatedly, but ends up braving it out with only a few minor changes via code yet (unknowingly) more due to his presence in the safe zones where he talks to people.

Most fans think that the best, but most heartbreaking, parts are the 'interludes' which show Cardinal becoming increasingly self-aware, and aware that it won't survive the game being cleared, even as it continues to seek out the 'anomaly'. Those eventually show how much the AI cares for the players, but can't bring itself to ignore itse 'duty' to the balance of the game.

Let's see, I answered three prompts so shouldn't I provide three more now?
  • Mambo Number Sixty Nine
  • Ready, Set, Yo-yo!
  • The Scent of the Skunkworks