Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web hosting for the photobucketly challenged
Web hosting for the photobucketly challenged
So, my housing situation has kind of settled down (in a different state! How did they convince me to do that!), and I've decided I want to get back into the Let's Play thing. There's just one problem.

[Image: lprorona_001_003.jpg]

And that's just a little absurd.

So I got to thinking, if I have to deal with moving everything around anyway, I'd like to get some proper hosting. Someplace I can upload my html files too, and have everything how I want it, and not have to split entries up randomly and edit links in and so forth. Don't need any fancy engines or frameworks, just a place to put some flat files. That doesn't require me to know what I'm doing. And that's cheap.

Labster brought up ramnode during the forum transition, which looks pretty good on the 'cheap' aspect... but they also seem to require you to know what you're doing. And have a domain name. I don't really want to buy a domain name for various reasons.

Got any suggestions?

-Morgan.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.
RE: Web hosting for the photobucketly challenged
I've been moving my stuff over to Imgur.

There's no way I'm going to drop the amount of cash Photobucket is demanding just to store some pics
Ask your ISP whether your account includes a website. If all you're doing is uploading flatfiles, a place to upload them to is all you need.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
They do, but it's tiny, and more space is stupidly expensive.

-Morgan.
Really, just use Imgur. It's simple as dirt to use, and yet also a reasonably powerful with it ability to organize everything into albums, make things private, and is even its own social media platform (kinda) if you feel like making use of that aspect of Imgur.
I've moved over to Imgur myself. It's very good (for now).
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(09-29-2017, 10:35 PM)Morganite Wrote: Someplace I can upload my html files too,

Imgur does not provide this.

-Morgan.
(09-30-2017, 09:36 AM)Morganite Wrote: They do, but it's tiny, and more space is stupidly expensive.

-Morgan.

Can you afford CA$5/month?
https://www.ncf.ca/ncf/registration/
https://www.ncf.ca/ncf/support/wiki/Publ..._Web_Pages
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Quote:There is no limit on the size of your web space as long as there is enough space for everybody. If space becomes an issue, NCF will contact the people who use the most space.

That's... interestingly open ended. At both ends. I really have no idea if the space I'd expect to use would be found excessive, not excessive, or tiny.

-Morgan.