Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY Volume 5
RWBY Volume 5
Volume 5 premieres in 11 days, so I figured I'd open up the inevitable thread for it -- and I'd do it with this video, a link to which Rooster Teeth sent me last night:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: RWBY Volume 5
Hurry up, you may still have time to get tickets:

Special RWBY Volume 5 Premiere Showing on Thursday at movie theaters around the country -- link here.

Quote:Be the first to see the newest episode of RWBY, the global hit western-style anime series, on the big screen this October!  This special one-night event features the premiere of RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 1, as well as exclusive interviews with the talent and crew regarding the updated creative style and the new season.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: RWBY Volume 5 - TRAILER!!!
Exclamation 
So yeah, the Vol 5 Trailer is out.

I should have posted this a couple days ago, but the RWBY Panel from New York Comic-Con (which was this past weekend) went up on YouTube almost immediately after it was held last Friday:

One thing that comes up in this is mention of a Yang Character Short for Volume 5, which was supposed to be available "in a couple days".  But there's no sign of it.
-- Bob

Oh, and Peg and I will be going to the Fathom event premiere for Volume 5 tonight. I'll try to post a spoiler-free comment when we get back.
-- Bob

I know I've seen a Blake short, and I think there was a Weiss one at some point...
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Yeah, I've seen both, and they were joking around about ignoring Yang when it came to character shorts at the panel.

ETA: Didn't someone post the Blake and Weiss shorts in the Vol 4 thread?
-- Bob

(10-12-2017, 11:25 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Yeah, I've seen both, and they were joking around about ignoring Yang when it came to character shorts at the panel.

ETA:  Didn't someone post the Blake and Weiss shorts in the Vol 4 thread?

I believe I did post them there, but since there's now a Volume 5 thread...

Weiss

Blake
And we're back.  The presentation was interesting -- they started with the last three episodes of last season, with short bits of commentary from Kerry, Miles and Grey in between, followed by the Weiss and Blake trailers, then right into V5E1.  As I promised, no spoilers, but interestingly, V5E1 sort of interleaves with V4E12 -- there is a bit of an overlap between the two, and a shared scene.  A lot of the trailer is in episode 1, but as is to be expected, not all the dialogue you hear in it goes with the scenes it's heard over.  Beyond that, I'll just quote someone in the episode and say, "Wait for it..."

Afterward, group pictures were taken which are going to be poisted.... um, somewhere, either the RWBY or Rooster Teeth Facebook page, and maybe at Rooster Teeth?  I paid attention and then promptly forgot exactly what the guy said.  If you lurk at any and all of them, or other candidate fora, look for a pic or pics from the Regal Cinemas in North Brunswick, NJ.

Oh, and there were some cosplayers at the showing, too.  They'll be in the very front of the pic:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-- Bob

(Oh, in case you can't make it out, Blake there is wearing the "Backup Bestie" T-shirt from RWBY Chibi, and Ruby is carrying a tiny Corgi plushie.)
-- Bob

The  Yang short is out

Episode 1 is up for FIRST members, 23 minutes long, AND IT'S GOOD! Very good.
Heh.  While doing some housekeeping on board data, I stumbled across our very first RWBY thread.  It's interesting to see how much of our speculation was right -- and how much was wrong.
-- Bob

Huh. It looks like Rooster Teeth has finally moved away from Flash-based videos, and I can now actually watch stuff on their site. That means I will actually have consider an RT First subscription. Hmmm...
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
So, after seeing the new episode, Professor Ozpin is:
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Found some new RWBY AMVs

Todays ep, especially the last scene, was wonderful.
Indeed it was.

But is it just me, or has Weiss been holding her left elbow quite a bit in the last few episodes?
-- Bob

a couple more AMVs