Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
Because like the NYC office handling registration requests being chronically understaffed it is an unreasonable burden. See that's one of the things the left trays when they can't outlaw something, they either tax the hell out of it or make the rules to legally aquire it so insane that you either end up breaking one or give up.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

The solution to a chronically understaffed government office is funding it properly so it can pay the salaries needed to be properly staffed.
(01-26-2019, 06:06 PM)hazard Wrote: The solution to a chronically understaffed government office is funding it properly so it can pay the salaries needed to be properly staffed.

That assumes the city wants it to function properly.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Nothing wrong with taxing the hell out of something - undesireable. It makes for a counterbalance. I pay a lot of tax on the fuel on my car to offest the global warming it causes. I burn a lot of fuel and it costs a lot of money - but it's a lot of fun also. So it goes. See my sig - it's an environmental holocaust of a thing. Everytime I put my foot down a Marshall island drowns and Australia catches fire.

I know what the process for getting a gun here is. I know how to 'get around' it. The process ensures that only people with a genuine interest or need can get a firearm - while enthusiastas and the system keep the 'ammosexual' types out of it, because they ruin it for everyone.

There exists a class of gun enthusiast that really creeps me out - like they're an utter firearm fetishist and - I should think - they would be the sort of person who I would not feel safe around with a firearm.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Speaking of ammosexual, a few years back, I had a friend.  This guy was hot after every chick with a gun, or a tank, or a tank and gun. Especially Revy from Black Lagoon, lots of wall scrolls and mangos and such.  I ask, "You know Revy is a sociopath, right?"

"Yeah, but what does that matter?"

Sigh.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I'm reminded of a video where some guys are filming a firing of a Barrett .50 cal - they're using an iron plate as a target waayyyy off in the distance. This is a common thing here in the USA because the plate gives off a good audible noise that indicates you managed to hit it. And normally there are very few issues with it because a lot of target rounds are frangible - they shatter on impact.

And then... well... They got a comebacker. Dude was lucky as all hell that it only hit his ear muffs. The whistle that round made on its way back in was scary as hell. From what they were saying in the video, they had all decided to swear of iron plate targets from there on out.

"Nope! Not doing that again!"
Shakes head.

The trick to using iron plates as targets is that you do one of two things
1- attach it to a wooden piece so that it leans toward the shooter and any ricochet go DOWN.

2- use a hanging plate so that the bullet either bounces down or continues fairly straight into your backstop
Currently writing BROBd

I'm beginning to regret starting this thread.

It's grown far beyond what I had intended to be a place to actually talk about media reporting of shootings, and become a place to complain about the amount of gun control (there's either too much or too little), dispassionately announce that there's been yet another mass shooting, or get pissed off and yell at each other for not having opinions that agree.

And the way I see it, that last part's not really in accordance with the forum's rules:
Quote:Have fun, and play nice.
If we're pissed off, are we having fun? If we're posting in anger, are we playing nice?

Also, we're past 300 posts. I'm not going to start a replacement thread, or take part in one that anybody else might start.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown