Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiquoting
Multiquoting
I'm not able to do it. It might be Chrome, or it might be something else, but when I try to insert any quotes through the multiquote system the system won't even process the request.
RE: Multiquoting
Can you describe what you're doing in more detail? Do you get any error messages?

I find the multiquote system here *weird*, but it seems to work once I figured out how to poke it.

-Morgan.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.
When I use the multiquote system and tell the reply box to insert the quotes it just hangs. I can keep doing things including composing a reply but it never inserts the quotes.

Reply doesn't have this problem, but that only does 1 post at a time and kicks me to a different page to write out my reply.
I'll look into this.  A quick Google search seems to indicate that Multiquote problems are unfortunately common.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Me Wrote:You can always take to using the code, instead of the buttons
Me, again Wrote:It will work - that's how I've done it in the past
It would be [ quote="person"] text text text[ /quote] (but without the spaces after the open bracket). What I wrote above would be like this:
[ quote='Me']
You can always take to using the code, instead of the buttons. 
[ quote='Me, again']
I think it will work - that's how I've done it in the past
[ /quote]

Huh. Looks like you don't need to close each quote separately. Neat. Oh, and "Preview Post" is your friend.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Being told to be 'open minded' about something is usually a code for 'you're not going to like this, but I want to subject you to it anyway'. Conversely, being told that you are 'closed-minded' is generally a means of asserting that 'I don't like the fact that you're proving me wrong, so I will pretend that your failure to agree with my argument is a philosophical deficiency'." - RationalWiki
Sure, that's possible. And occasion I'll do it. But multiquoting is easier.

Also, quote nesting is an annoyance.
(10-11-2017, 05:12 AM)hazard Wrote: When I use the multiquote system and tell the reply box to insert the quotes it just hangs. I can keep doing things including composing a reply but it never inserts the quotes.

Reply doesn't have this problem, but that only does 1 post at a time and kicks me to a different page to write out my reply.

If you press the quote button first, then reply, does it still fail?

-Morgan.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.
(10-11-2017, 07:21 PM)Morganite Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 05:12 AM)hazard Wrote: When I use the multiquote system and tell the reply box to insert the quotes it just hangs. I can keep doing things including composing a reply but it never inserts the quotes.

-Morgan.

(double-checks)

It fails for me. It doesn't hang, but the quotes don't show up in the edit box.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(10-11-2017, 07:21 PM)Morganite Wrote:

-Morgan.

Yes.

I mean, the reply button works properly and quotes the post I'm replying to, but nothing else. If I try and quote multiple quotes, tell the forum to insert them and press, for example, the preview button no quotes are inserted.