Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V&V Reborn - again!
V&V Reborn - again!
So I was looking about and found this:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/jeff-dee-and-ja...16267.html

So, Bob, there's a new rulebook a-coming. And all you young whippersnappers can see where it all started.
RE: V&V Reborn - again!
(10-13-2017, 04:51 PM)mephron Wrote: So, Bob, there's a new rulebook a-coming. And all you young whippersnappers can see where it all started.

Actually, I backed it on Kickstarter, and I have it both in hardcopy and PDF already. <grin>  Helen and I are poring over it with plans for Warriors' World.

And I know I already said it in private messaging, but welcome back to the boards, Geoff!  For those who didn't know, mephron had the handle "Talienas" back on Yuku.  (I have, of course, done the usual reassignment of posts so that he has all his old history.)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I don't know if I want to be ecstatic, or bummed.

On the one, its back. on the other, I have no one to play with.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
(10-14-2017, 10:57 AM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: I don't know if I want to be ecstatic, or bummed.

On the one, its back.  on the other, I have no one to play with.

Hey, Bob, what would you say to the idea of a Play By Post area on the forum?

(Like Star Ranger, I am also currently between groups.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
That actually sounds liuke a great idea. I amn't sure if I've the creativity in my head for a PBP game of @*anything* but I did just hack together a character for a Necessary Evil gamew my local gaming ghroup is starting up s, hmm, I might try a hat into the ring for that....

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
I'll be happy to create an RP area -- as long as I'm not expected to GM anything. <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
If people would like a GM, I can do it....

The last game I GM'd did go rather well, though mostly thanks to the players being competent. I do tend towards the 'Schroedinger's Railrod' style. Out of sheer laziness. And very much a 'Rules are guidelines' sort of play. I'll ignore rules where they suit the game, and house-rule things on the fly (with agreement and a note to keep it consistent) to keep things moving rather than buried in a book looking for 'That One Rule'.

5th ed Shadowrun has a lot to blame for this.

I'm the GM that managed to expand the starter Shadowrun intro game into multiple sessions because I couldn't figure out where the girl was skimming the adventure so I made it up as I went into something far larger that fed into the next run. This was also the game that gave us #orklivesmatter as a meme.

It ended due to work burnout

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(10-14-2017, 06:29 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I'll be happy to create an RP area -- as long as I'm not expected to GM anything. <grin>

Since I suggested it, I'd be willing to mod the group. I might even run something - anybody here play GURPS? Big Grin
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I'd prefer almost anything to GURPS, but my current preference is FATE, especially for online play of any sort.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.