I'll just leave this here
Bob Corker says Trump 'utterly untruthful president'
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: I'll just leave this here
(10-24-2017, 02:31 PM)robkelk Wrote: Bob Corker says Trump 'utterly untruthful president'

The news not being that Trump is a pathological liar, but that a member of his own party has decided to end his own political career to say so.

Senator Flake is in a weaker position, though.  He hasn't completed his first term, he's up for reelection next year, and the party that elected him five years ago no longer exists.  I feel a little sorry for his predicament (not sorry enough to vote for him natch), but if you're going to fall, you might as well tell the truth while you do.

To anyone who voted for Trump wanting massive change: This is what you get when you decide to break all the norms.  Those political norms, stupid as they are, are there for a reason -- that no one else has found a better way to deal with the problem.  Yes, when a ordinary president visits a disaster area, all you get are some warm 'n fuzzy platitudes.  But the alternative looks a lot like Trump's victim blaming.  It's not pretty at all, and is just sinful.

To anyone who voted for Trump expecting very little change: Sorry, you got conned by a professional con man.  He was telling a different room of people something they wanted to hear too, just entirely different from what he told you.  See "utterly untruthful", above.  This isn't your fault per se, but it would be appreciated if you helped in some way to clean up the mess you caused.  Writing/calling your Republican representatives is probably the most useful.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
RE: I'll just leave this here
Many politicians have flip flopped on issues on the campaign trail, changing their emphasis in what they want to do with their changing audience as they move around the country, but remaining mostly consistent.

Trump doesn't do that.

Trump flip flops in the same sentence, as rambling as it might be. From his behaviour on the campaign trail it's clear enough that no matter what, if he was elected he'd make a poor president. But I don't think anyone expected him to be this poor a president.