Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believe It Or Not
Believe It Or Not
Theme song from The Greatest American HeroIF Doug has, in his travels, seen any of this show, the song will probably give Superman's basic power-set, because that's what the main character of TGAH had.  If he hasn't seen it, the lyrics will probably only let a person walk on air or maybe actually fly, as the refrain says.  Three minutes eleven seconds run time, according to Wikipedia; but the version I've linked to only runs three minutes eight.

Music: Mike Post
Lyrics: Stephen Geyer
Performed by: Joey Scarbury

Look at what's happened to me,
I can't believe it myself;
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,
Should've been somebody else.

Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,
I never thought I could feel so free;
Flyin' away on a wing and a pray'r,
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me.

Just like the light of new day,
It hit me from out of the blue;
Breakin' me out of the spell I was in,
Makin' all of my wishes come true.

Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,
Who could it be?

This is too good to be true,
Look at me
Falling for you.

Believe it or not,
Believe it or not,
Believe it or not,
Believe it or not.

Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,
Who could it be?

Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,
Who could it be?
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RE: Believe It Or Not
Quote:Theme song from The Greatest American Hero.  IF Doug has, in his travels, seen any of this show, the song will probably give Superman's basic power-set, because that's what the main character of TGAH had.  If he hasn't seen it, the lyrics will probably only let a person walk on air or maybe actually fly, as the refrain says.  Three minutes eleven seconds run time, according to Wikipedia; but the version I've linked to only runs three minutes eight.

Tongue
The Greatest American Hero is the Show about the Guy who receives a "Super" suit, and promptly loses the Instruction manual, ... Twice.
That suit Apparently had ALL the Superpowers, Including Telekinetics and Self Rescaling (size changing), you just had to look up the "Triggers" in the Manual/Users Guide.
I have fond memories of everything about that show... except for the clumsy renaming of the main character (Ralph Hinckley) in the wake of the assassination attempt on President Reagan (made, for those who don't remember, by a guy named Hinkley). That smacked so strongly of Viewers Are Morons on two fronts ("Viewers will think the main character tried to assassinate the President!" and "No one will notice if the main character's last name suddenly changes for no adequately-explained reason!") that thirty-some years later I still want to find the suits responsible and slap them upside the head.

ETA: Oh, yeah, the song. It's been in my backlog file for literally decades now. To do pretty much what you're suggesting, yeah.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Smile 
(11-09-2017, 03:08 AM)itsune9tl Wrote: The Greatest American Hero is the Show about the Guy who receives a "Super" suit, and promptly loses the Instruction manual, ... Twice.
That suit Apparently had ALL the Superpowers, Including Telekinetics and Self Rescaling (size changing), you just had to look up the "Triggers" in the Manual/Users Guide.

He eventually figured out invisibility as well (after a episode or two of randomly switching it on and off) Big Grin
(11-10-2017, 02:05 AM)Norgarth Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 03:08 AM)itsune9tl Wrote: The Greatest American Hero is the Show about the Guy who receives a "Super" suit, and promptly loses the Instruction manual, ... Twice.

He eventually figured out invisibility as well (after a episode or two of randomly switching it on and off) Big Grin

And psychometry. And, if I'm remembering the episode with the alien correctly, phasing and/or dimensional travel. Though that may have been circumstantial, based on the enemy he was fighting.