Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epsilon is in the hospital
Epsilon is in the hospital
Don't know how many people here know Epsilon and aren't also in his gaming group... He was taken to hospital earlier today and has undergone lifesaving surgery.

The good news is he's already out of ICU. The better news is that I found out about this from an email from the man himself.

He'll be in the Thoarasics ward for a while... and that's all I know right now.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Epsilon is in the hospital
Thoughts and prayers. It's next to nothing, but it's all I can think to do from here.
Let him know we're all wishing the best for him!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Good news is better than no news!
-Now available with copious trivia!
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes. Recovery is proceeding at the best possible estimate they have given me and every day they detach another machine and/or tube from my person. Every day I am less Darth Vader.
It's great to hear the good news directly from you, Epsilon! Let's hope you're up and out of there no later than absolutely necessary.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Wishing a speedy recovery.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Good news!

The doctor came around, told me he finds my recovery acceptable and removed the 2nd chest tube. I'm starting on a clear liquid diet today with and they should be weaning me off of IV feeding all day. If all goes well, there will be the final endoscope on Monday and then I'm out of here.
Fantastic! Here's hoping everything goes well.
-- Bob

I am officially out of the hospital. Now just comes the months of rehab. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes.
Great news, Epsilon, and you're welcome. Here's hoping the rehab goes quickly and well.
-- Bob

(11-07-2017, 12:34 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Great news, Epsilon, and you're welcome.  Here's hoping the rehab goes quickly and well.

Good to hear - what on earth did you do to yourself?
(11-14-2017, 08:31 AM)Rev Dark Wrote: Good to hear - what on earth did you do to yourself?

Apparently my ulcerated throat just finally gave up the ghost.

Yikes. I wanna make a joke but I'm afraid it would be hard to swallow.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
<rimshot>
-- Bob