Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appending Posts Experiment
Appending Posts Experiment
Bug 
So, a while back I noticed that if you make a second post (double post) within a certain time frame, the board software will take the second post and append it to the first one.

Since Bob hasn't gotten back to us on this yet, I'm gonna experiment with it here.

Others are welcome to join in.

Test 1 using the reply to thread button...

Yup, that seems to work. Now let's wait five minutes and see if it will do it again.
RE: Appending Posts Experiment
Sorry, I forgot to put it on my to-do list. I will investigate and determine if that's a bug or supposed to be a feature.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Experimenting: 9:33am EST

Back later

After I mention I don't need to wait 60 seconds to post an amendment.

9:54am EST

Looks like a feature to me...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Ah, but is it documented or Undocumented Feature(s)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Obviously undocumented.

Which means we should expect a new one every year. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
So uh, maybe it's in Admin CP settings, "Post Merge Time"?  I'd like it set pretty low, like 60 seconds or less, just to catch accidental double-posts.  It's keeping me from posting two story segments in There's Nothing Better right now.

Also when posts are merged, they put in an <hr> between the posts, which is a black line on dark gray in San Felix.  Which is suboptimal when you actually want to use an HR.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Oh, nice catch. I hadn't even noticed that. Let me address that now.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And it's now disabled outright.
-- Bob