Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Official: X-Men/F4 in the MCU
It's Official: X-Men/F4 in the MCU
Fox and Disney have come to an agreement that among other things explicitly returns Deadpool, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four to Marvel control, meaning like Spider-Man they're coming back to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Gizmodo story

Variety story

(And in an unrelated story, which I found as a link off the Gizmodo article, Wolverine's youngest clone, Gabby, has finally gotten a codename:  Honey Badger.)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: It's Official: X-Men/F4 in the MCU
And it only took Disney buying Fox to make this happen...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(12-14-2017, 10:21 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: (And in an unrelated story, which I found as a link off the Gizmodo article, Wolverine's youngest clone, Gabby, has finally gotten a codename:  Honey Badger.)

Hmmmm; do you think she cares?  (Sorry; I gave in to the Snark Side of the Farce.)

-----
"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atombomb, the dread destroyer, who would some day come to end the world." — Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen, H. Beam Piper
If you follow the link, they show the relevant panels. Gabby, who appears to be 12-ish, thinks it's an awesome name.

So... while we're on the topic, when the hell did Wolverine get a full Brady Bunch of underage female clones? As opposed to just the one?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Probably when marketing realized how much of a hit the first one was, so clearly the way to sell more comics was more underage female Wolverine clones.
(12-14-2017, 04:37 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: If you follow the link, they show the relevant panels.  Gabby, who appears to be 12-ish, thinks it's an awesome name.

So... while we're on the topic, when the hell did Wolverine get a full Brady Bunch of underage female clones?  As opposed to just the one?

The first story arc of All-New Wolverine, where Laura took up the name following Logan's death, had her discover an evil scheme to make clones of her. Gabby was the sole survivor, and Laura adopted her as a little sister. Gabby is so many kinds of awesome.

As a side side note, Wolverine is one of the best comics out right now. It's an optimistic series, a great mix of serious and humorous, and the sister/parent relationship Laura has with Gabby is a major part of it. It also has a real wolverine. Blame Squirrel Girl.