Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Let's start the annual Christmas-wishes thread with the traditional opening: a link to Alan Maitland's reading of Fredrick Forsyth's The Shepherd.

Happy Christmas.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Merry Christmas!
And as Peg and I pause in our preparations, let me offer our wishes for the season with my own link, to a story read by the pastor of the church I grew up in at every Christmas Eve service all the years he served -- The Other Wise Man by Henry Van Dyke (as abridged by Donald J. Wolfram).
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
"...The Other Wise Man..."

Oh, Lawsy; I don't dare read that one nowadays.  It was one thing to get tears in my eyes when I was a teen, but fifty years later....

Mooses Gracious and Merry Christmas.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Official weather statement for Ottawa:

Quote:5:53 AM EST Sunday 24 December 2017
Special weather statement in effect for:
  • Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans
  • Ottawa South - Richmond - Metcalfe

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the Ontario Storm Prediction Centre
Not a creature was stirring, except the meteorologists
As all eyes were transfixed on jolly Old St. Nick, his herd of furry friends, and an approaching snow storm just in time for Christmas.

So, for those dreaming of a white Christmas, you will get your wish. A Texan low is gathering strength this morning and will race towards us approaching the speed of Rudolph later today.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Merry Christmas to all!
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
It may not be Christmas-themed directly, but since many celebrate different traditions, here's something seasony from Gordon Lightfoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is38naHuxjE
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
Merry Christmas.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I'll let eric idle sum it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOg7aPNLLG0

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.