Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Cursed Thread" of 2018
RE: The "Cursed Thread" of 2018
(03-22-2018, 11:21 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: ...
Sorry, I've just seen so many obits for "the original Bozo" over the years that I finally had to clarify.

Cue The Firesign Theatre
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Heh.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Linda Brown, the 9-year-old at the center of the Brown v. Board desegregation case in the 1950s, has passed away at age 75.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RIP Peter Munk, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and creator and original sponsor of the Munk Debates.

RIP "Le Grande Orange" - Rusty Staub, one of the original Montreal Expos. Hell of a thing for one of baseball's greats to pass away on the season's opening day.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Righteous Among the Nations:  Johan van Hulst of the Netherlands, at the age of 107.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RIP Steven Bochco, creator of Hill Street Blues, L.A. Law, and NYPD Blue
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Winnie Mandela
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Isao Takahata, co-founder of Studio Ghibli, film director and animator, died yesterday. He was 82.
Cecil Taylor, pianist and poet, one of the pioneers of free jazz, died yesterday. He was 89.
RIP Chuck McCann, Soon-Tek Oh and Susan Anspach
-- Bob

Dr. Huer has passed on: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t...90-1102359
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
RIP Milos Forman, director of (amongst other movies) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Amadeus
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Art Bell, American broadcaster and author, host of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM, died yesterday. He was 72.
The Gunny has gone to answer the last roll call and guard the gates to Heaven:

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/r-lee-...202753747/
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
And the judge in the Night Court has laid down the gavel...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/h...65-1103243
Well, crap.
-- Bob

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/...dies-at-92

Barbara Bush at age 92.
I know most wouldn't post this here, we don't usually mention the passing of pets since they come and go so swiftly, but these were an icon of the crown and will always be remembered

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/18/europe/qu...index.html
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

RIP Avicii (Tim Bergling), EDM producer and DJ, dead at 28
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Verne Troyer, age 49.
-- Bob

... and apparently his family's formal announcement effectively called it a suicide.
-- Bob

RIP Bob Dorough

He played with Charlie Parker and Miles Davis, but most Americans of Bob and my age know him for the music from Schoolhouse Rock.

Quote:Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up two boxcars and making 'em run right.
Milk and honey, bread and butter, peas and rice.
Hey that's nice!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Still remember some of those tunes even to today.
Heh. One year for her birthday, I bought Peggy a complete boxed set of all the Schoolhouse Rock shorts. We don't have to strain our memories for even the most obscure ones.
-- Bob

Michael Anderson, director of Logan's Run, Around the World in 80 Days, The Dam Busters, The Shoes of the Fisherman and many other films has died.
-- Bob