Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Cursed Thread" of 2018
RE: The "Cursed Thread" of 2018
Larry Harvey, founder of the 'Burning Man' festival, has died.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RIP Margot Kidder
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(05-14-2018, 12:36 PM)robkelk Wrote: RIP Margot Kidder

"Easy, Miss. I've got you."

<Weary sigh>

Ironic fact:  She was a Girl of the Episode on Banacek, some six years before playing Lois Lane.  When Banacek came up to her and introduced himself by last name only, she said quizzically, "One name?  Like Superman?"
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Author and journalist Tom Wolfe, age 88
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Character actor Joseph Campanella, age 93. Among other roles he played Lew Wickersham on Mannix in the 60s and 70s, and he played Bonnie Franklin's ex-husband Ed Cooper on One Day at a Time.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RIP Koo Bon-moo

He was the chairman of what was a small company when he took charge: LG.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Norman Eugene "Clint" Walker died last night at the age of 90. Known for the lead role in the ABC Western "Cheyenne" he also played in various movies and TV show including Small Soldiers and The Dirty Dozen
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Philip Roth, author of many works including Portnoy's Complaint, as well as the winner of multiple awards for his writing, has died at age 85.
-- Bob

John Bain, better known as TotalBiscuit, British gaming commentator and critic on YouTube, died of cancer today.
The fourth man to walk on the moon, Apollo 12 astronaut Alan Bean is dead at the age of 86.

https://phys.org/news/2018-05-astronaut-...-dies.html
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

RIP Ted Dabney, co-creator of Pong.

Oh, and co-founder of Atari.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
William Phipps has passed on: http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/william-phi...cinderella
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
Kade Spade, American fashion designer, died by suicide.
RIP jazz pianist Brian Browne

Quote:Known for his bluesy style of piano playing, Browne started out self-taught and almost never relied on sheet music.

"He never took a scholarly or academic approach to it. It had to come naturally. He was an original," said [bassist Paul] Novotny.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The last munchin from Wizard of Oz has gone on the Yellow Brick Road to Heaven: http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/06/last-wizar...aren-dead/
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
Anthony Bourdain has died, an apparent suicide.
-- Bob

(06-08-2018, 07:00 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Anthony Bourdain has died, an apparent suicide.

"A few years ago, I wasn’t surprised to hear rumors of a study of the nation’s prison population which reportedly found that the leading civilian occupation among inmates before they were put behind bars was “cook.” As most of us in the restaurant business know, there is a powerful strain of criminality in the industry, ranging from the dope-dealing busboy with beeper and cell phone to the restaurant owner who has two sets of accounting books. In fact, it was the unsavory side of professional cooking that attracted me to it in the first place."
--Anthony Bourdain, "Don't Eat Before Reading This" The New Yorker, April 19, 1999

"Chefs prefer to cook for weekday customers rather than for weekenders, and they like to start the new week with their most creative dishes. In New York, locals dine during the week. Weekends are considered amateur nights—for tourists, rubes, and the well-done-ordering pretheatre hordes. The fish may be just as fresh on Friday, but it’s on Tuesday that you’ve got the good will of the kitchen on your side."
--op.cit.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The first true Bond girl has left us: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44425293
Danny Kirwin, an early member of Fleetwood Mac, age 68.
-- Bob

RIP Stephen Reid, author and member of The Stopwatch Gang
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy, better known as XXXTentacion, controversial SoundCloud rapper, was shot and killed.
Charles Krauthammer died yesterday at the age of 68
He knew it was coming for a few weeks now, he will be missed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...nY1e_1oMWB
Currently writing BROBd

RIP Koko
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Vinnie Paul of Pantera, age 54
-- Bob

LGBT rights pioneer Dick Leitsch
-- Bob