Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Only Comment
My Only Comment
The only comment I can make is 'Dang, the next chapter is not Ranma 1/2" - *pouts in disappointment.
Re: My Only Comment
IIRC, Bob's staying away from the R.5 universe because it's fairly typical SI fodder, and DW is supposed to be an anti-SI fic... Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's no step planned in that universe at this time.
Offsides (wh will happily be corrected by Bob if he's wrong [Image: smile.gif]Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
(who will happily be corrected by Bob if he's wrong)
Does that mean I'll correct you happily, or that you're happy to be corrected?
Actually, I have in my "intinerary" file a note for a spamfic sized Step to take place in the Ranma universe. Basically, it's an extreme parody of the SI genre. The song Doug uses causes a double gate -- it opens into the Ranmaverse, and about 40 feet past that it opens a second gate somewhere else. Of course, right between those two gates is a typical day in Nerima. Doug's completely unconscious (as is usual during his interuniverse transitions), and his cycle just roars straight on through the conflict. In the process of doing so, he ends up scattering people out of his path into "canonical" couples, gets an accidental grope of Nabiki, etc., etc., pretty much doing all the usual SI "fixing up" and self-aggrandizement except it's all accidental, over the course of a mere minute or so, and he vanishes before he ever knows what happened. And of course, the moment he's gone, it all falls apart...
I don't know if I'll ever write it, but it's a fun idea.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:
Does that mean I'll correct you happily, or that you're happy to be corrected?
Both, or neither? I don't know anymore... what was the question? [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
No, What's on second.

-- Bob
---------
THIRD BASE!!! [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides (stealing home...)Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
Actually, I have in my "intinerary" file a note for a spamfic sized Step to take place in the Ranma universe. Basically, it's an extreme parody of the SI genre. The song Doug uses causes a double gate -- it opens into the Ranmaverse, and about 40 feet past that it opens a second gate somewhere else. Of course, right between those two gates is a typical day in Nerima. Doug's completely unconscious (as is usual during his interuniverse transitions), and his cycle just roars straight on through the conflict. In the process of doing so, he ends up scattering people out of his path into "canonical" couples, gets an accidental grope of Nabiki, etc., etc., pretty much doing all the usual SI "fixing up" and self-aggrandizement except it's all accidental, over the course of a mere minute or so, and he vanishes before he ever knows what happened. And of course, the moment he's gone, it all falls apart...
I was kinda hoping Ranma would tag along with Doug. It would get Ranma out of that mess that's called his life. And it would be fun to see him traveling with Doug all over the multiverse.
Quote:
I was kinda hoping Ranma would tag along with Doug. It would get Ranma out of that mess that's called his life. And it would be fun to see him traveling with Doug all over the multiverse.
Nope, Doug travels alone.
But why not write your own series along those lines?

-- Bob
---------
Redirect...
BTW, Kaydee (or anyone else) -- if you want to continue discussing this subject (and I'm not averse), please take it to "Future Steps". It really didn't belong in "DW3" to begin with.
-- Bob
---------