Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Exclamation 
It is now airing on Crunchyroll.com.

All I will say about it is that Amalgam is now taking off the kid gloves.
RE: Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
..... Soooooo nobody is interested in Full Metal Panic anymore?
Well, I only liked Fumoffu. That, and my tendency to watch anime years behind when it actually airs -- I'm still working my way through Goldfish Warning and Galaxy Express 999.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(04-15-2018, 03:02 PM)Labster Wrote: Well, I only liked Fumoffu.  That, and my tendency to watch anime years behind when it actually airs -- I'm still working my way through Goldfish Warning and Galaxy Express 999.

And I just watched Rose of Versailles (making a small dent in my "to be watched" pile).

I'm interested in FMP, but by the time I have time to watch it, it'll be out on BluRay.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I'll order it as soon as it comes out on Amazon, love FMP can't wait to see this one.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

*Shruggs*

Well, being fully up to date on FMP's anime releases, it was only natural for me when I saw the words "Full Metal Panic!" in Crunchyroll's recent releases to go HOLY SHIT!!! and jump straight in. And I was not disappointed. The plot kicks down the doors in an almighty hurry, and by the end of Episode 1 we are already off to the races.

Honestly, I'm glad that I've started paying more attention to Crunchyroll now, because it seems that this spring season is loaded with barnburners.

EDIT: No, I mean it. The only thing that could make this season any better is if we had Season 3 of Log Horizon and/or Season 2 of Problem Children are Coming From Another World, Aren't They? And as it is, Adult Swim already surprised us with their typical April Fool's Day shenanigans by giving us FLCL Alternative Episode 1 early. FLCL Progressive will be coming in June, and with the rest of Alternative hot on its heals.
hold it, they ca,e put with a second FLCL
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I watched episode 1 of this and liked it.

I got into FMP by the back door, via crossover fanfictions -- most especially "Mithril Female Ops Handbook" and "Divine Blood" -- and enjoyed the more action-y side of it much more than the "fish out of water" high-school comedy bits.

This is exactly the FMP I needed.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(04-16-2018, 03:26 PM)ECSNorway Wrote: I watched episode 1 of this and liked it.

I got into FMP by the back door, via crossover fanfictions -- most especially "Mithril Female Ops Handbook" and "Divine Blood" -- and enjoyed the more action-y side of it much more than the "fish out of water" high-school comedy bits.

This is exactly the FMP I needed.

Free tip: If you haven't yet seen Fumoffu, ignore it. It's nothing but "fish out of water" high-school comedy bits.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Huh, I only saw a rumour of it being in production not that it was released. (also forum login fun - firefox hates here & won't let me log on) Great, now I've got to track it down & it's on Crunchyroll? Yet another digital media source....perhaps I'll wait for physical as some of those streaming services only work on some of my devices & the video divide's bad enough for me now with me having stuff in Itunes & Steam.
(04-16-2018, 05:31 AM)Rajvik Wrote: hold it, they ca,e put with a second FLCL

A second AND A THIRD.  They're making two short seasons, titled Progressive and Alternative.  And they're gonna be airing here in the USA first because while it's being produced in Japan, it's being bankrolled by Adult Swim.  Also, this means the writing staff is going to be working hand-in-hand with the translation and localization staff, so the accuracy of the translation is gonna be incontrovertible.

Thing is a lot of the original production staff for FLCL actually REALLY REALLY WANTED THIS.  They had good memories of doing Immortal Grand Prix with Cartoon Network/Adult Swim.  But they couldn't move forwards with it because Gainax, who was the other owner to the IP rights for FLCL, were being sticks in the mud, cause, you know.  Filthy gaijin and all.

But now that they sold their share to Production IG, everything has been greenlit, and just about all the production staff is back onboard for FLCL seasons 2 and 3.

This is about where I have Leonidas from 300 screaming "SPARTAAAAAAANS!  PREPARE FOR GLORY!" sounding off in my head.
Agreed, glory cometh to us all
Currently writing BROBd

Okay, so episode 2 of Invisible Victory is up on Crunchyroll for subscribers...

We're up to three episodes now, four for CR subscribers, and things continue to go pear shaped.
(05-09-2018, 07:38 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: We're up to three episodes now, four for CR subscribers, and things continue to go pear shaped.

That's a good description of it, yes.

Let's see...

Did I miss anything?
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I think you got it right, though I'm not sure about one or two details.

... Oh WHAT THE HELL? A recap episode!? ALREADY!?