Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 22: Pushing it over the Hedge.
RE: Crossovers That Should Not Be 22: Pushing it over the Hedge.
Lets Drop "The God Damned" Batman into Worm, and give him time to figure out what is really going on.

Then let's see how many Jaws drop when they find out he doesn't have any "Super Powers"...
(06-09-2018, 12:12 PM)Cobalt Greywalker Wrote: Uminari City is by the ocean.  I wonder how certain former residents will react when the Abyssals attacked in what Harry Leferts calls Blood Week.  I mean, it's not like the masquerade can get any more broken, so setting off that emergency beacon wouldn't be so bad...

Nope, definitely want to see this. Want to see spooky albino rageboats chained down by a middle-school aged kid in green and blasted back to the Abyss by colossal pink doombeams and gold lightning lances, want to see the miscommunication gags while each side thinks they're dealing with an odd variation on their usual thing, want to see ship-kami with bombardment spells to back up their physical guns.

Now for something a little closer to the actual purpose of the thread... Not long after the Abyssal war is won, various treaties are put in place (with heavy shipgirl backing) to mandate that shipgirls never be sent against each other or human targets, as their purpose is to defend humanity. Not a huge problem, most everyone is engaged in rebuilding and sick of fighting anyway, and even battleship appetites are negligible expenses in terms of military budgets. That does mean there's a fair few bored shipgirls sitting around though, many of them combat or at least adrenaline junkies, so they fairly rapidly get into VR gaming...

Probably not SAO, but could be Log Horizon or Overlord, and either one would be quite the genre clash. There's a fair few less well known examples of the genre too.
Popeye the Spider-Man
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(06-15-2018, 08:12 PM)robkelk Wrote: Popeye the Spider-Man

Popeye the Spider-Ham.
[Image: a2oL28p_700b.jpg]
It is year 0079 of the Universal Calendar

The Principality of Zeon has declared war upon the Earth Federation and defeated their fleet at the Battle of Loum, using their radical new combat system: magical girls.

Operation Love & Justice failed by a narrow margin to destroy the Federation's military headquarters at Jaburo, Brazil. Despite the anger of the populace, they have had no choice but to forgive Zeon for the destruction of Sydney after the magical girls ORZed in a public broadcast.

Truly there is only one hope for the Federation: they need magical girls of their own.

In order to adopt this new technology they have granted extraordinary authority to a special Earth Federation Agency. And thus Shinji Ikari has been summoned by his father to the colony cylinder Tokyo-3, where he will undergo a startling transformation...
(06-25-2018, 02:25 AM)drakensis Wrote: Truly there is only one hope for the Federation: they need magical girls of their own.

Insert obligatory "White Devil" reference here.

In year After Colony 175, war was beginning.
Gundam Zero Wing
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(06-25-2018, 02:25 AM)drakensis Wrote: Truly there is only one hope for the Federation: they need magical girls of their own.

"We always thought alien life would come from the stars.... To fight magical girls, we created magical girls of our own."
Mahou Shoujo Pacific Rim

Incidentally, has anyone ever considered what would happen if other nations looked at the existence of Japanese magical girls, and decided they needed their own magical girls to close the "magical gap"?  The Cold Magical War begins....
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Inspired by somebody else's decade-old typo:

Elsa, She Wolf of the Frozen SS
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Terrible thought I had, My Hero Academia, could easily be in the same universe/story-line as One punch Man.

Maybe he was the first "All for One" Quirk...
Maybe not...
(07-02-2018, 09:19 PM)itsune9tl Wrote: Terrible thought I had, My Hero Academia, could easily be in the same universe/story-line as One punch Man.

Maybe he was the first "All for One" Quirk...
Maybe not...

I think you're a bit confused.  Crossovers That MUST Be is over in the other thread.  Wink

Seriously, the setup is just too damn perfect.  These two were practically MEANT to be crossed over.  And I can definitely see Saitama as being one of the few people on the planet that All Might is legitimately freaked out by besides his old teacher.  He's just happy that Saitama is on their said, but that itch to try himself against better and better foes is.... frightening.  Big Grin
Which is worse, Penelope von Schweetz or Vanellope Pitstop?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(Hey, I'm Rob, and when a ROB makes a typo, well... Good thing I caught it in time. Smile )

We've secretly replaced the WWI German army's Lugers with ligers. Let's see whether anyone notices.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I think the holster manufacturers might.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
It would make IWB carry, zesty at the very least.
SEZ
BZG
(07-11-2018, 04:35 PM)robkelk Wrote: (Hey, I'm Rob, and when a ROB makes a typo, well... Good thing I caught it in time. Smile )

We've secretly replaced the WWI German army's Lugers with ligers. Let's see whether anyone notices.

That's right up there with the cowboy pulling out his trusty Celt, and letting the bad guys have it.
We're replaced Ash from Evil Dead with Ash from Pokemon, and vice versa. Let's see who notices...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
"Good, bad - I'm the one with the pokéball."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"Well hello, Mister Charizard..."
SEZ
BZG
The Whispered Truth (FMA/FMP)

No, I don't know how it would work either, beyond the title. That's why it's here.
(07-22-2018, 08:57 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: The Whispered Truth (FMA/FMP)

No, I don't know how it would work either, beyond the title. That's why it's here.

I am actually having ideas on this.

Cluster frag   oh hell yes, but sometimes its fun to sit back and watch the world burn, especially when its not your world.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(07-23-2018, 07:34 PM)Rajvik Wrote:

Cluster frag   oh hell yes, but sometimes its fun to sit back and watch the world burn, especially when its not your world.

My thoughts on this, the Whispered and FMP and there associated war was a precursor chain of events that lead to the apocalyptic event that spawned the Homunculus.

The Whispered broke up into a number of subesets:
  • Medics who could heal any disease Given a chance, and enough time.
  • Engineers capable of building just about anything if they had the resources.
  • Chemists who can breakdown, and produce any material.
  • Charmers that had the "Gift" of the Silver tongue. Priests and and Leaders who always seemed to know what to say.
  • Warriors were the ones who either pluck the fly out of the air with out killing it, or suffered from a continuous Combat fugue that let them see actions four steps ahead of normal men, but had hyper-awareness of their surroundings that they could not turn off.
You guys are too far into "Should Be" territory. Why not Whispered of the Heart or something?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(07-23-2018, 07:34 PM)Rajvik Wrote:

Obligatory:

Couldn't resist!  Big Grin
(07-23-2018, 11:29 PM)Labster Wrote: You guys are too far into "Should Be" territory.  Why not Whispered of the Heart or something?

Its still in the should not be because while this is something I will definitely start, I might not get past the world building notes.

That said, all whispered are descendants of Alphonse, Edward and Hoenheim in the "Knights of Shamballa" storyline is where I am starting.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd