Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 22: Pushing it over the Hedge.
RE: Crossovers That Should Not Be 22: Pushing it over the Hedge.
"Clean my room, Marie Kondo, this is a priority one!"

(KonMari/Onegai Teacher)

I'm pretty sure that Piffle could pick up the "Palm" trademark for cheap these days.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Taylor Hebert gets the reality warping powers of Haruhi Suzumiya in:
The Melancholy of Taylor Hebert

(i posted this idea in the Worm ideas/rec thread on SV and have only recieved one like, so i guess it goes here instead
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(01-20-2019, 09:40 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Taylor Hebert gets the reality warping powers of Haruhi Suzumiya in:

(i posted this idea in the Worm ideas/rec thread on SV and have only recieved one like, so i guess it goes here instead

Taylor would have to believe that proof of Parahumans does not exist. The Equivalent of taking Maximum levels of Mundanity in Gurps IOU.

it would be a heck of a Stranger/Trump ability...
heh, sounds like the Negapsychic class in Palladium's old Beyond the Supernatural RPG. Their disbelief in the paranormal is so strong that their inherent psychic powers tun into a jamming field of sorts, shutting down nearby magic and psionics.

So there's parts of Brockton Bay that the Capes all avoid (hero and villain) because something shuts down their powers in that region. Their pretty sure it's a parahuman, cause it does move around, but whoever it is is (naturally) immune to Thinkers, and whoever it is doesn't run around in a costume (at least no new Capes have been reported. Do they even know they have powers?)
Collateral Damage Barbie nearly dies one day when her powers Shut down in mid flight.... she starts walking everywhere...
(01-20-2019, 10:47 PM)itsune9tl Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 09:40 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Taylor Hebert gets the reality warping powers of Haruhi Suzumiya in:

Taylor would have to believe that proof of Parahumans does not exist. The Equivalent of taking Maximum levels of Mundanity in Gurps IOU.

Did you just say that believing something that's been proven doesn't exist is a Trump ability?

I wish that didn't exist...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

really, that kind of disbelief isn't unique, look at the fervent Flat-Earthers, who insist the orbital footage of the Earth being round is just an optical illusion. *shakes head*
(01-21-2019, 08:55 AM)robkelk Wrote:

Did you just say that believing something that's been proven doesn't exist is a Trump ability?

A power that disables the powers of another parahuman would be a trump. If it was not a controlled power, then it would reinforce ones belief that Parahumans do not exist.
(01-21-2019, 02:19 PM)itsune9tl Wrote:

A power  that disables the powers of another parahuman would be a trump. If it was not a controlled power, then it would reinforce ones belief that Parahumans do not exist.

*nods*
Taylor: "It's too easy for recordings to be messed with by special effects.  I've never seen one of these 'Capes' actually use powers with my own eyes" Tongue
Today, we've secretly switched their usual Shimura Danzo with Shimura Nana. Let's see how ANBU Root turns out with a different mentor!
--
‎noli esse culus
The Muppets do a line of "look for the character" picture books, in Where's Waldorf?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
We've secretly replaced Hyatt with Hayate, and vice-versa. Let's see whether Excel and Nanoha notice.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-23-2019, 06:14 PM)robkelk Wrote: The Muppets do a line of "look for the character" picture books, in Where's Waldorf?

Arguably I think this is in the wrong thread as it is something that should be done, if for nothing but the nostalgia factor
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Harry Lime and the Philosopher's Stone

It would fetch a good price on the black market, wouldn't it?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-21-2019, 02:19 PM)itsune9tl Wrote:

A power  that disables the powers of another parahuman would be a trump. If it was not a controlled power, then it would reinforce ones belief that Parahumans do not exist.

I suppose he has disabled the powers of the rest of the Executive Branch (i.e. the civil service)... so, yeah, it's a Trump.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I just found this at another site, and I had to share it:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
"The basic plot involving The Dwarf With No Name is, of course, highly derivative. (Sergio Leone borrowed it from a Japanese movie.)"
- Phil Masters, A Fist Full of Tunes You Can Whistle

Of course, he didn't say which movie, which made me think: My Neighbor Totoro as a Spaghetti Western?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
re: Mordor, She Wrote ... I'd just like to point out that Isaac Asimov wrote a short story in which the key is the realization that a man misheard "Mordor" (spoken by two college students) and thought he was listening in on the plotting of a murder.  Signaled by one ring of a bell, they would bind their victim and leave him lying in the shadows....
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
I know that one. It was one of his "Black Widower" mystery short stories, written in the late 1960s or early 1970s when the Tolkien reference would be just obscure enough to slip past his readers until the very end.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
To be fair, up until the movies Tolkien really was an obscure writer who wrote a few cult classics in the epic fantasy genre, and in many ways established that genre.
https://www.tthfanfic.org/Series-997 Because these are really slick stories.
SEZ
BZG
Ali Baba-Yaga and the thirty nine thieves. <burp>
Barty Crouch, Jr, thought that using the Imperious curse on his father - who'd kept him prisoner for ten years, after all - was going to be a fun way to take revenge, and to carry out his master's plan.

He didn't count on Barty Sr having actually been born Bartholomew 'Barry' Heterodyne.

Or his attack waking up Dear Ol' Dad's memories.

Magic plus the Spark.

Oops.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
What could a Spark achieve with the technology available in the Skylark word?

More realistically - What COULDN'T they DO!?!!???
(01-30-2019, 05:23 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: What could a Spark achieve with the technology available in the Skylark word?

More realistically - What COULDN'T they DO!?!!???

You're assuming Richard Seaton wasn't a Spark...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown