Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 22: Pushing it over the Hedge.
RE: Crossovers That Should Not Be 22: Pushing it over the Hedge.
(08-26-2018, 01:32 PM)robkelk Wrote: Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, Frankie Avalon, and Annette Funicello in Bleach Blanket Bingo!

And that gets the coveted "facepalm"
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

A story about a cute vampire of love and justice: Sailor Moon Phase
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(08-28-2018, 08:08 AM)robkelk Wrote: A story about a cute vampire of love and justice: Sailor Moon Phase
That could easily go in the Should be column.

Neko Mimi Makeup?
Snrrrrrk.

Don't fucking tempt me. *Looks meaningfully over in the direction of There's Nothing Better with a wicked grin.*
Tonight we'll be showing two anime at Jellystone Park: Yo-Gi-Oh! and Boobooboo-Boo Boo-booboo
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-01-2018, 08:17 PM)robkelk Wrote: Tonight we'll be showing two anime at Jellystone Park: Yo-Gi-Oh! and Boobooboo-Boo Boo-booboo

That's Bearable, ... Bearly....
Jojojo-Jo Jo-Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-03-2018, 01:22 PM)robkelk Wrote: Jojojo-Jo Jo-Jojo's Bizarre Adventures

So... Stand up Comedy then?
(09-03-2018, 01:22 PM)robkelk Wrote: Jojojo-Jo Jo-Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
Mojojo-Jo Jo-Jojo's Bizarre Adventures

Also Rob contributed this idea in a different thread:
Sasami and Sylvie Go to White Castle.

Which led me to think of:
Harry and Kreachar Go to White Castle
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Just a weird weird WEIRD thought.

During Hunter S. Thompson's drug-addled trip to Las Vegas, he somehow gets signed on to Hogwarts to teach Muggle Studies.

Those poor, poor kids. Wink
(09-05-2018, 06:37 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Just a weird weird WEIRD thought.

During Hunter S. Thompson's drug-addled trip to Las Vegas, he somehow gets signed on to Hogwarts to teach Muggle Studies.

Those poor, poor kids.  Wink

Instead of Hunter, who after all is weird enough to kinda-sorta fit in with the Wizarding World, why not sign up a truly Muggle-ish Muggle to teach the kids? 

All right, kids, meet your new Muggle Studies instructor, "Professor" Gladys Kravitz of Bewitched.

Would Gladys want to burn her pupils at the stake, or be so thrilled about her suspicions being proven correct that she'd actually do a good job of teaching them?
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(09-05-2018, 06:37 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Just a weird weird WEIRD thought.

Those poor, poor kids.  Wink

"When you bring an act into this town, you want to bring it heavy. Don't waste any time with cheap shucks and misdemeanors. Go straight for the jugular. Get right into felonies."
– Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Yeah, his students might even make the St. Trinian's girls reconsider doing anything to them... or asking to enroll.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-05-2018, 08:07 AM)robkelk Wrote: Yeah, his students might even make the St. Trinian's girls reconsider doing anything to them... or asking to enroll.

Could be worse... he could be the new Potions prof after Slughorn proves too skittish even with Harry Potter personally dangled as bait.
--
‎noli esse culus
<snort>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
You know, there's a bit in one of the recent St Trinian's movies where one of the girls describes it as being "... like Hogwarts for psychopaths". What if that was literally the case? What if St T is secretly a magical school, or has a magical section to it for "irrepressible" young witches?
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I've always wanted to make the Swedish Chef the Potion master of Hogwarts.
Neville will feel better about his potions exploding in the long run.

Hemoine being the only student that Speaks Mock Swedish, but not Mock Japanese...
I think maybe this has become a Should Be... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-05-2018, 01:56 PM)ECSNorway Wrote: "... like Hogwarts for psychopaths".

Actually the line is "Like Hogwarts for pikeys".  "Pikey" being approximately the British equivalent of "white trash".

(09-05-2018, 01:56 PM)ECSNorway Wrote: What if that was literally the case? What if St T is secretly a magical school, or has a magical section to it for "irrepressible" young witches?

Might explain some of the explosions in the science lab...  and the "brewing" operation in the basement.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Still liking the idea of Mr. Thompson as a Muggle Studies professor. If anyone wants to write it, by all means, go ahead. I'd just like a credit for the idea.
While they say too many crossovers can ruin a fic, that doesn't really apply if you're writing a crack-fic anyway. So you can add as many crossovers as you like, the weirder the better. Picture this:

During the summer after Harry's 4th year, the Ministry tries to get Delores Umbridge into Hogwarts as the new DADA professor. Dumbledore counters by hiring (Crossover Character) to fill the position instead. The Ministry then tries getting her in to teach a variety of other Elective courses (including some that haven't actually been taught in centuries or have only been taught in other schools until now), but Dumbledore keeps finding (Crossover Characters) to fill the slots, and then makes the Ministry boost the Hogwarts budget in order to pay for all of these new Ministry mandated courses. You can bring in as many weird crossover characters as you want while sticking Umbridge in some truly horrible job that'll keep her busy and miserable (by having Dumbledore 'regretfully' fail to fill the teaching position for an obscure course with an incomprehensible doublespeak title).
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Have her teach something she would absolutely hate, History of Muggles Muggle.
Or have her teach something that she would actually be invested in and potentially good at, and would be actually useful. The ever-popular Wizarding Culture class, frex, or something that would focus her ass-kissing in a useful way like Laws of Magical Britain and the Mages who Made Them. Sure it would still be presented in a horribly biased way, but at least people taking it would then know the things most likely to be used against them and who the enemies to look out for in the Wizengamot are.
--
‎noli esse culus
(09-05-2018, 04:33 PM)Shepherd Wrote: While they say too many crossovers can ruin a fic, that doesn't really apply if you're writing a crack-fic anyway. So you can add as many crossovers as you like, the weirder the better. Picture this:

During the summer after Harry's 4th year, the Ministry tries to get Delores Umbridge into Hogwarts as the new DADA professor. Dumbledore counters by hiring (Crossover Character) to fill the position instead. The Ministry then tries getting her in to teach a variety of other Elective courses (including some that haven't actually been taught in centuries or have only been taught in other schools until now), but Dumbledore keeps finding (Crossover Characters) to fill the slots, and then makes the Ministry boost the Hogwarts budget in order to pay for all of these new Ministry mandated courses. You can bring in as many weird crossover characters as you want while sticking Umbridge in some truly horrible job that'll keep her busy and miserable (by having Dumbledore 'regretfully' fail to fill the teaching position for an obscure course with an incomprehensible doublespeak title).

If we were to do this, everyone would have to pick a teacher and a class, like
Harry Dresden to teach DADA and then I write those scenes while say Rob chooses Negi Springfield to teach something else AMD write those scenes
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I'm trying to decide if I'd rather go with Professor Ursula in the Astronomy Tower, or Professor Poppins in Charms.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Either one, with the lead pipe.
-- Bob