Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowdsourcing something fun
RE: Crowdsourcing something fun
For Psychostick, they've got a lot of fun stuff, but my favourites are Obey the Beard (also my headcanon Armsmaster theme song,) This Is Not A Song, It's a Sandwich, and Sadface :(
--
‎noli esse culus
Gah. It's a "YouTube is blocked" day at work today. Gonna have to wait until I get home to listen, because I also forgot to bring my cellphone to work. (For the first time in, like, forever.)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Going in another direction entirely, I think the various songs written by Mercedes Lackey deserve consideration. Not just the various songs from/about Velgarth, but songs like "Eumenides", "Jirel of Jorey", and "Signy Mallory". "Of Cabbages" deserves special mention as well ("I grow the best damn cabbages you ever hope to see, and once upon a moonstruck night I watched the dancing Sidhe.").

EDIT: Forgot to mention "Minus Ten and Counting", the lyrics of which were also written by Lackey.
(blows dust off thread)

Maybe Usagi can find a few of the sillier parody songs on the iPod, and try to sing them all the way through without giggling at them. (As to "which parody songs", well... somebody in the multiverse must have recorded this one by now, and getting the rights couldn't be easier. Smile )
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Oh dear god.

<grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Simply for the sake of including Flail Snails in Doug's list of simulacra, I must approve of this plan.
--
‎noli esse culus
Because somebody actually requested this song on the radio today...

"Ooooh! Here's a song called 'Chocolate Candy'!"

"I don't think that was about candy."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Man, Ricky Martin was really young there.

My sister was a fan of Menudo, still has the records.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg