Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's one long road race
That's one long road race
Big Grin 
Ferrari is holding a Formula One race in Montreal this weekend. Here's a still from the promotional video:

[Image: montreal-ferrari.png]

(source)

For those who (like Ferrari) didn't notice, here's a Google Maps route map from where the race is being held to the city in the photo.

EDIT: more comments
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: That's one long road race
Hm. My in-laws are into Formula 1 racing; I wonder if they'll be watching this. If they are, I might join them.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
It does have a reputation of being one of the better F1 races.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I have this fantasy about them shutting down all the highways here in San Antonio for JUST ONE DAY so that they can turn the entire city into the biggest driving course circuit ever. It would be so big that you could probably only run two or three laps, so it would be just one massive time attack race.

Time Attack <<city_name>> has a rather nice ring to it.

(And before anyone can trot out that horse, NO THERE ARE NO MANHOLE COVERS ON THE HIGHWAYS HERE IN SAN ANTONIO WHAT KIND OF CRAZY DO YOU THINK WE ARE?)