Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voices
Voices
It's long past the time, I think, when this could've been made a plot point, but I still feel like throwing it out for discussion just to make trouble.
Marller/Mara's seiyuu, at least according to Wikipedia, is Urara Takano. She also, by the way, voices Maria in Sakura Wars, something to bear in mind for the future. What caught my attention, however, was that she had a role in the Bubblegum Crisis OVA: "Kate."
As Bob pointed out with regard to why Doug hasn't noticed a resemblance between Lisa and Skuld's voices, it's been something like ten years for him. And he heard Madigan's voice far less than Lisa's. I thought it was funny anyway. -----
Gentlemen, it has long been my conviction that all citizens should provide services for which their talents best suit them in support of those who have been called to duty. In the case of politicians such as yourselves, that would be target practice.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Re: Voices
I don't know if Chris was aware of the Mara-Madigan connection, but I certainly wasn't.
Not that it'd really matter; as you point out, the length of time is a factor, but also, Madigan has an Irish accent where Urd most certainly doesn't, and that would be a major difference that would separate the two in his head. (You don't think an accent makes that much difference? Check out one of the Dresden Files DVDs with a commentary track, and you would swear that the Paul Blackstone doing commentary is a completely different person from the one playing Harry Dresden on the screen.)

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Oh, I agree completely about accents. For that matter, I played the OMG and BGC DVDs, listening for the presumed resemblance between Skuld's voice and Lisa's, and I didn't hear any similarity greater than what you'd expect for two young females speaking Japanese. Of course, that might just mean I'm tone-deaf (which would explain why, when I start to sing, people ask me to stop ).-----
Gentlemen, it has long been my conviction that all citizens should provide services for which their talents best suit them in support of those who have been called to duty. In the case of politicians such as yourselves, that would be target practice.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
In addition, just because their voice actor is the same, it does not mean in 'real life' they have the same voice.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
re:voices
Quote:
It's long past the time, I think, when this could've been made a plot point, but I still feel like throwing it out for discussion just to make trouble.
Marller/Mara's seiyuu, at least according to Wikipedia, is Urara Takano. She also, by the way, voices Maria in Sakura Wars, something to bear in mind for the future. What caught my attention, however, was that she had a role in the Bubblegum Crisis OVA: "Kate."
As Bob pointed out with regard to why Doug hasn't noticed a resemblance between Lisa and Skuld's voices, it's been something like ten years for him. And he heard Madigan's voice far less than Lisa's. I thought it was funny anyway.
Didn't she also do the voice of Rei Hino?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: re:voices
Quote:
Didn't she also do the voice of Rei Hino?
That was Linna's seiyuu (who, BTW, also voiced Sumire in Sakura Wars), not Madigan's.
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012