Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time-Traveling Post
Time-Traveling Post
I found something weird seems to have happened in one thread (A teaser from chapter two...) of the Heart of Steel forum:  a comment I posted, according to the thread, at 11:41 PM on 08-01-2017 is quoted by Bob in his post of 03:42 PM on 08-01-2017.  So it seems Bob responded to my post eight hours before I made it.  Also, posts #7 & 8, 9 & 10, and 11 & 12 are double-posts, with 11 & 12 being the time-travelers (or is it precognition?).

I haven't so far seen anything like this in other threads, and I also don't know if it's somehow only showing up on my computer.  I tried a simple restart, and that didn't change anything. 

To quote Bloom County:  the wonder of it all!
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RE: Time-Traveling Post
likelyhood, at least in my brain is that instead of translating to local time from UTC their system is just posting whatever the local time is to the poster making the comment
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Bob and I are in the same time zone:  Eastern.  He's in New Jersey; I'm in Michigan.

Edited to clarify
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
August 2017 was right in the middle of the great board migration, IIRC. While the whole transfer process did preserve the original date and time stamping of posts, it's possible something got munged up somewhere in this case.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Is it possible that the posts were made on both boards? I recall that there were a few double-posts, one here and one on the old forum.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Oh, yeah. That's definitely a possibility.

... and I just ran over there and checked. The post over there is timestamped 4:41 pm, not 11:41 pm, and my response is 8:42 am, not 3:42 pm. I think we're looking at some kind of artifact of the scrape, as I suggested; something tweaked the post times by 7 hours.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Possibly it's relevant that during summer, I live in a UTC-7 area. As usual, everything is my fault. This is actually fixable, except perhaps at the edge times.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto