Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manga scanlations?
Manga scanlations?
I'm not sure what Bob's policy on linking to them is (or for that matter exactly where to talk about them, since they're not fanfiction...) but having chanced across an aggregator site for them while browsing, I became curious about the title of one of the "just in" new ones - "Her Appetite's Too Big for Me Alone." No, it's not lewd, despite what one might think, it's referring to literal hunger.

The first chapter is 50 pages and just hit the internet, but searching for the title will easily find it for you. I don't want to spoil the twist on what is at first glance a very typical "high school boy meets girl, they talk awkwardly, her stomach growls so he gives her the snack he'd packed" meet-cute, but it's an interesting one, at least for this first look. It's got some nice art in both the color and B&W pages, and while it's not advanced enough that I'd give it more than the most tentative of recommendations it at least doesn't raise any red flags.
RE: Manga scanlations?
I know folks have linked to Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou before.

In my opinion if the site is not NSFW, and not laden with trojans, and the manga in question hasn't been licensed anywhere for distribution in English, go ahead... but I'm not Bob, so.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
No, Norway, that's okay. It's pretty much my opinion/policy -- and even links to NSFW works are fine, as long as they are properly labeled.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Well in that case, here's a link:

http://mangakakalot.com/chapter/her_appe.../chapter_1

and another on the same site, also new today but posted at four chapters:

http://mangakakalot.com/manga/a_meal_for...ck_to_life
This one states its premise from the beginning, so there's no need to worry about spoiling it: After falling into a coma a young girl's spirit wanders to the home of her neighbor to ask him to cook her a certain dish so she can die without regrets. Given that it does last beyonf one chapter, you already know that isn't quite how the results go, but I'll leave the details to be found out naturally.

Now, as far as I can tell without turning off adblock and having turned on the site's own scripts and cross-site requests to manganelo.com, it's clean, but as always caution is advised when browsing an unfamiliar website, and I don't know what ads might pop up for you with less stringent measures. There is a tag for Smut as a genre, but I haven't investigated further yet and both of these are so far entirely innocent.
So many weird, fun things at that site... this one is about monster taming (in the "Mothra is a peaceful guardian who obeys the song of the island princesses" sense, not pokemon or whatever) as a school club activity. I really love the main monster's "if I had a shit to give I'd save it for later" face.

(link removed)

Unfortunately, it looks like that one was a pirate scan of an English release by Yen Press, though it didn't seem so until the last page, and when I googled it I only found a Japanese publisher (probably because I was looking for it by the romaji name, as it's listed on the site. Dodgy) The title is "Monster Tamer Girls" in English, and "Kaijuu no Shiiku Iin" in Japanese.
Having confirmed this one is unlicensed for sure, another link:
http://mangakakalot.com/manga/mairimashita_irumakun

I could seriously see this as a Disgaea game plotline, if not for the lack of Prinnies and other familiar monster types. One oft he characters is totally a Disgaea 1 style Majin, though, and the succubus-types are similar, though probably just from drawing on common inspiration. It's better than Disgaea 3's version of a Netherworld school if only in the lack of potty "humor" at least.