Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Disney Princesses were in D&D
If Disney Princesses were in D&D
Right off the bat, you can probably assume at least one level dip in Bard for the musicality, but what classes otherwise? The whole speak with animals/animal companion thing most of them seem to have going strongly suggests Druid or Ranger to me (possibly full-Ranger otherwise for Merida,) and Mulan obviously gets a lot of some kind of martial levels, but how about it?

List of official Disney Princesses:
Classic: Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Mulan
Recent: Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna, Elsa, and Moana
Neo/prospective: Anastasia, Gamora, and Shuri

Stage two: How do the stories change if the female characters are mid-to-high level badasses rather than Damsels in Distress? (Not so different for Mulan, Merida and Gamora, at least...)
RE: If Disney Princesses were in D&D
The "Princess" series, by Jim Hines. Book 1: "The Stepsister Scheme".

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3598...ter-scheme

Snow White is a mage, of course. Sleeping Beauty takes the 'natural grace' part of her fairy blessings to become a ninja. And Cinderella... well, this is her debut.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
The trailer for "Wreck-It Ralph 2" shows the Disney princesses accepting Vanellope von Schweetz as one of their number, in which case I'd say she had a fair amount of Thief/Rogue levels. Not sure how to handle her glitch-teleport or racing skills, though.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(07-10-2018, 01:01 PM)ECSNorway Wrote: The "Princess" series, by Jim Hines. Book 1: "The Stepsister Scheme".

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3598...ter-scheme

Snow White is a mage, of course. Sleeping Beauty takes the 'natural grace' part of her fairy blessings to become a ninja. And Cinderella... well, this is her debut.

It's also a really good series.
SEZ
BZG
(07-10-2018, 08:21 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: The trailer for "Wreck-It Ralph 2" shows the Disney princesses accepting Vanellope von Schweetz as one of their number, in which case I'd say she had a fair amount of Thief/Rogue levels.  Not sure how to handle her glitch-teleport or racing skills, though.

Easy.  The glitch is a teleporter ability, and as for the driving skills...

...Well, we might have to look into one of the DnD resource books that has stuff involving cars or the like, but we could aim for things that might be likened unto 'wheelman' or 'getaway driver'.
Oh, and Anastasia? I don't recall any Disney film with her; the "Anastasia" feature-length animated film was a Don Bluth production. Or is there something upcoming I'm not aware of?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Disney bought them out, apparently. Resistance is futile.
By that logic, Leia is a Disney Princess...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(07-11-2018, 08:29 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: Disney bought them out, apparently. Resistance is futile.

They did?  Wow, I hadn't heard that.
-- Bob

Honestly, all I know is what I found on the page I linked in the first post and a couple of others from the same google search. How accurate any of it is probably falls into your standard "some guy on the internet said..."
(07-11-2018, 10:04 AM)robkelk Wrote: By that logic, Leia is a Disney Princess...

*Looks at all the fan works of the new Disney Princess lineups that include Princess Leia with her hold-out blaster - fan works that Disney has not said one thing about.*

You don't say.  Wink
Okay, I went and looked. Rights to the 1997 animated Anastasia are still owned by 21st Century Fox.

So, sorry, no official crossing over of Anastasia with the Disney Princesses -- yet.

EDIT: Oh, yes... is "Noble" still a class in D&D?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
SV has clearly spoiled me; my first response to that is now to mouse over to the right for the "Informative" button.
robkelk Wrote:Okay, I went and looked. Rights to the 1997 animated Anastasia are still owned by 21st Century Fox.

So, sorry, no official crossing over of Anastasia with the Disney Princesses -- yet.

EDIT: Oh, yes... is "Noble" still a class in D&D?
Apparently.
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/OGC:Noble_(5e_Class)
(07-11-2018, 12:49 PM)robkelk Wrote: Okay, I went and looked. Rights to the 1997 animated Anastasia are still owned by 21st Century Fox.

But maybe soon. Comcast has dropped its bid to buy 20th Century Fox from 21st Century Fox.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Comcast needs to just drop, period.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(07-11-2018, 10:04 AM)robkelk Wrote: By that logic, Leia is a Disney Princess...

No. Leia is *the* Disney princess. and will lead all the others screaming to victory.
(08-27-2018, 07:58 PM)Duane Peters Wrote:

No. Leia is *the* Disney princess. and will lead all the others screaming to victory.

Amy Mebberson does a set of single-panel cartoons, Pocket Princesses, about most (not quite all) of the Disney Princesses sharing lodgings.  In episode 175 (near the bottom of page 15), they were shown fangirling over Leia at the time The Force Awakens came out.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."