Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "American Sailor Moon" -- Take 2
The "American Sailor Moon" -- Take 2
A reporter for Kotaku.com went looking for the Toon Makers Sailor Moon, reasoning that someone somewhere still had to have the original footage.  She discovered something no one in the fandom had ever suspected -- a second try, made several years later.  And that's not the only surprise. 

We Tried To Uncover The Long-Lost 'American Sailor Moon' And Found Something Incredible

And here's the second try.  Be warned -- it's just as bad and corny as the first try.

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: The "American Sailor Moon" -- Take 2

I think that one might be even worse than the original attempt.
(07-20-2018, 08:32 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: A reporter for Kotaku.com went looking for the Toon Makers Sailor Moon, reasoning that someone somewhere still had to have the original footage.  She discovered something no one in the fandom had ever suspected -- a second try, made several years later.  And that's not the only surprise. 

We Tried To Uncover The Long-Lost 'American Sailor Moon' And Found Something Incredible

And here's the second try.  Be warned -- it's just as bad and corny as the first try.

[Image: QqJnrNE.gif]
[Image: VqWK85u.png]
Heh.

I'm wondering if anyone has any clue who the actresses in either were -- and if they'll admit to their participation even all these years later.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I couldn't get more than a few seconds into the intro before my good taste rebelled.

Does it get better, or worse, or stay the same?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Some things are best left buried.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(07-21-2018, 11:12 AM)robkelk Wrote: I couldn't get more than a few seconds into the intro before my good taste rebelled.

Does it get better, or worse, or stay the same?

well, it does get a little better. the funky animals shown in the first bit apparently only exist in their home base/magic garden, but it is still very, very cheesy.

Only 4 heroines, with no indication that there's any real difference in power sets (mostly vague, generic 'magic') and no sign of any monsters of the week or anything supernatural. Other than the song referring to 'Team Angel', no indicator as to what they are called either.

Seem more inspired by Wonder Woman or the old Isis cartoon than Sailor Moon. Women in vaguely ancient clothing transforming into more modern clothing as they fly from their 'heavenly garden' where they wait for trouble to appear in their viewing pool. No magical girl tropes here.

let's see, they save a pair of little girls playing on train tracks by stopping the train (instead of just getting the girls out of the way Huh ), rescue a guy dangling on a cliff side, rescue a cat, put out a fire at an old woman's house, stop a couple of bank robbers, and disperse a tornado