Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
AP: Are the Democrats starting impeachment, or not?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
As the article says to finish the first paragraph, Sort of, and not really.

They have nothing but rumors, which Clinton and the DNC either started or paid for, and the promises they made in 2018. Meanwhile their own chickens are coming home to roost in the investigation into the repeatedly falsified statements to a FISA court and the illegal wiretapping of Trump Tower. Add on top of that the example of 98 and they are so screwed it is laughable
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Besides, in a couple months, Trump may be (hopefully) voted out and there won't be a need for the time and expense of an impeachment trial.
(08-10-2019, 10:03 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Besides, in a couple months, Trump may be (hopefully) voted out and there won't be a need for the time and expense of an impeachment trial.

Don't worry, the racist white supremacists he's spent years lying out his asshole to and claiming there's an evil government conspiracy to destroy him are more than ready to start killing mexicans when the time comes. Or sooner.
(08-10-2019, 10:46 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 10:03 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Besides, in a couple months, Trump may be (hopefully) voted out and there won't be a need for the time and expense of an impeachment trial.

Don't worry, the racist white supremacists he's spent years lying out his asshole to and claiming there's an evil government conspiracy to destroy him are more than ready to start killing mexicans when the time comes. Or sooner.
Yeah, as a Canadian, I won't be suprised to see a 2nd US Civil War in my lifetime, this time Republicans vs Democrats. Rolleyes

No matter who ends up President, there'll be around 20% of the population that will consider them the spawn of Satan based just on their party.
(08-10-2019, 11:11 PM)Norgarth Wrote:

Yeah, as a Canadian, I won't be suprised to see a 2nd US Civil War in my lifetime, this time Republicans vs Democrats. Rolleyes

No matter who ends up President, there'll be around 20% of the population that will consider them the spawn of Satan based just on their party.

And decades of gun cultism all around and the approach of sensationalizing mass shooters.
(08-10-2019, 08:55 PM)Rajvik Wrote: As the article says to finish the first paragraph, Sort of, and not really.

They have nothing but rumors, ...
That statement is obviously and blatantly false. Even the unredacted parts of the Mueller report clearly show how much rock-solid evidence exists. And there was no illegal wiretapping of Trump Tower.

I'm not in a forgiving mood at the moment. Either you're purposefully lying to us, or you're a complete idiot who refuses to think for himself. Whichever it is, it's time for you to go into my killfile.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown

Can California officially surrender to you guys?  I don't think we'll have any problem adding French to the road signs and poutine to the menus.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(08-11-2019, 09:43 AM)Labster Wrote:

Can California officially surrender to you guys?  I don't think we'll have any problem adding French to the road signs and poutine to the menus.

We'd love to have a warm place to spend winters. Just be prepared for your taxes to go up in order to pay for healthcare.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(08-11-2019, 10:16 AM)robkelk Wrote: We'd love to have a warm place to spend winters. Just be prepared for your taxes to go up in order to pay for healthcare.

And overall healthcare expenses to go down.

If singlepayer healthcare systems are good at anything, it's suppressing costs.
LOL! It'll be the USC (United States of Canada) versus Jesusland again!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesusland_map
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
So... On September 14, the Impeach-O-Meter was sitting at 30%.

This weekend, it's gone up to 89% - the first time it's ever passed the line marked "Oh, &$@!!!". And it was set by the executive editor of Slate - an online news analysis site known for presenting contrarian views.

There was a mention of the possibility of maybe needing a "Trial-by-the-Senate-O-Meter" to replace the Impeach-O-Meter.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Impeach-o-Meter's back down to 50%.

This means it's a coin-toss...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Well, I hope Dartz took the bet we'd have an impeachment trial, because that's all but certain by this point. I think "how many articles of impeachment" would be interesting to bet on, though. Lots of Democrats want to bring the whole laundry list of sins, real and imagined, while others want to present as clear a case as possible with only one article.
I still think they should just throw the whole book at him. With how blatant he's been about his activities, I'd be appalled if not a single one stuck.
All it takes is one, and all the other material collected can still be used if criminal charges are then laid. Focusing on just one or two really goddamn solid things and getting them absolutely airtight may work better than a blizzard of them that his supporters can brush aside by claiming bias, fabrication, and the rest of the usual pack of excuses.
--
‎noli esse culus
It might take more than a few charges. I mean, it's going to take a lot being aired in public, which the actual impeachment trial will be, to convince the Republicans that continuing to support your monster of a president is a doomed endeavor. Even then, some of them will likely refuse to let go and vote not guilty no matter what.
And hopefully those fools will be ousted by the next election, if not recalled, Matrix.
May as well mention this, even if it shouldn't be a surprise to anybody:

The Impeach-O-Meter has hit 95%

Dartz, I hope you took that 2:1 odds bet... because now it's 1:19.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
If I could get 1:19 odds, I'd put a ton of money on it because it looks like a sure thing to me. Maybe if someone explain to me the 5% chance that he won't be impeached by the House of Representatives? Is that some sort of actuarial risk that he dies or is incapacitated? Sure it can't be that high in the next year, right? We only have 4 of 44 presidents assassinated, which is a 9% risk, but annualized that's only only a 1.8% risk per year. And doing a quick actuarial, risk of death is like 3.6% per year for a 70 year old male never-smoker.

Actually, maybe 95% is about right.
That's odds on. You put 19 on the bet you get a Euro back if it wins it's such a sure thing

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
is he taking book on whether the impeachment succeeds or not yet?

sorry, but with the way the 2018 election cycle went, articles of impeachment were going to get passed, it was a given. The question really is, will they succeed and oust him from office, or will they fail and cause him to definitely be re-elected
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(11-02-2019, 09:28 AM)Rajvik Wrote: is he taking book on whether the impeachment succeeds or not yet?

sorry, but with the way the 2018 election cycle went, articles of impeachment were going to get passed, it was a given. The question really is, will they succeed and oust him from office, or will they fail and cause him to definitely be re-elected

At a guess, they're planning to time things so that it goes on until the election with a steady drip of Trumpism during campaigning until he gets voted out of office. This would, however, require a careful touch.
(11-02-2019, 09:28 AM)Rajvik Wrote: sorry, but with the way the 2018 election cycle went, articles of impeachment were going to get passed, it was a given. The question really is, will they succeed and oust him from office, or will they fail and cause him to definitely be re-elected

History shows that an impeachment, even if it doesn't lead to a trial in the Senate, is enough to swing the White House to the other party. That's how the Republicans took the Presidency in 2000, after all.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
And besides, there are a lot of the Republican Senators who are absolutely disgusted by the turn things took in Syria. Trump lost a lot of good will, there.