Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election Monitors from Ireland called in....
Election Monitors from Ireland called in....
Irish Times Link

Quote:The State is to send a team of election observers to monitor the US mid-term congressional elections in November, reversing its previous position that it did not focus on monitoring the conduct of democratic elections in the EU, the US or Canada.

In correspondence sent on Friday, the department said it had received a request from the OSCE to nominate long-term observers for the mid-term congressional elections in the US on November 6th.

Election monitoring missions played “an important role in the promotion of democracy and human rights”.

And in doing so, the US joins such luminaries as the following:

Armenia, Turkey, Albania, Mongolia, Kosovo, Kenya, Georgia, the Kyrgyz Republic, Liberia and Nepal

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Election Monitors from Ireland called in....
Oh, boy.

I hope somebody explains to the Balseraph-in-Chief exactly why this is necessary, and exactly what this means, and exactly who caused it to become necessary.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Ach, die Schadenfreude...!
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
I honestly half expected something like that after the hanging chad fiasco in Florida years ago. With the way Cheeto conducted himself while campaigning let alone since winning I am neither surprised nor indignant about it now. All of my patriotic pride has been converted into shame well before this, by the sort of folks such observers are deployed to interfere with the shenanigans of.
Do any oddsmakers care to speculate on the probability that President Windrip will decree from the throne that election monitors from foreign countries must not be permitted in the US?  "Only 'Real Americans' — who wear red MAGA caps — can make sure the wrong kind of people aren't allowed to vote."
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(07-30-2018, 08:34 PM)DHBirr Wrote: Do any oddsmakers care to speculate on the probability that President Windrip will decree from the throne that election monitors from foreign countries must not be permitted in the US?  "Only 'Real Americans' — who wear red MAGA caps — can make sure the wrong kind of people aren't allowed to vote."

Not for all the tea in Colorado.