Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick ALL the Starters Part II
RE: Kick ALL the Starters Part II
(11-09-2018, 12:35 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 03:35 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I just got an email from Rooster Teeth -- RWBY: Combat Ready is getting ready to ship, and they wanted to make sure my address is up to date.

I can't wait.

Oh, and it got here two days ago.  Haven't played it yet, but I've unpacked it and it looks fantastic. If I remember to do so, I'll take some pics and post them here.

My copy got in yesterday, and I agree about "it look(ing) fantastic."
I've been notified that my copy is on it's way.
Also, on Monday, I got my hardcover copy of Fortitude: the Glass-Maker's Dragon, closing out the Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPG Kickstarter a mere 50 months late. Apparently, the diminutive deities got tired of screwing Jenna Katerin Moran (fka Rebecca Sean Borgstrom) around. Maybe, some time in the next four years, her imaginary phone will ring with the news that the world has come to its senses, or possibly taken leave of them, and that a delegation is on its way to anoint her the ruler of all things, complete with a retinue of double gnus.
Oh dear. Is the RWBY game going to be available in retail?
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
You know, I haven't the faintest idea.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(11-12-2018, 09:10 AM)ECSNorway Wrote: Oh dear. Is the RWBY game going to be available in retail?

It is.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
My copy of Combat Ready arrived today 8)

And for those wondering about the mystery sub-boss from the kickstarter, the answer in in the spoiler.
They have already appeared in Volume 6, so it's only a spoiler if you haven't been watching,
Further Edit:
[Image: olqxe7V.jpg]

And I'm still getting the hang of how to play the game.  Just last week I realized I'd been doing 2 things wrong. Tongue
Fun. Gonna have to get me a copy. That, and the Big Trouble In Little China game.

OGRE Miniatures second edition rules arrived last night. Came complete with cardboard bits for the Vulcan, Fencer, Doppelsoldner, and a few other things.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Grrr. Still haven't played it yet, despite presenting it to my in-laws for a gaming night (they chose Mysterium instead.
-- Bob

Our copy of Ogre Miniatures 2nd is slated to be on our doorstep on the 11th. *sigh*

Trying to decide if we want more Hero Realms or not. Complication: unlike Star Realms, we have sleeved it with official sleeves, so we'd be in another $16 to keep it going.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
I just sent in my survey for "The 55th Day in Shanghai", which is a project doing some 2mm laser-cut MDF buildings of asian style for 28mm miniatures play. Because I clearly don't have enough of those.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200...p-roleplay
They Came From Beneath The Sea, a 1950s Sci-Fi style RPG from Onyx Path games.

Some sample mechanics from the Onyx Path website:
http://theonyxpath.com/sample-cinematics...h-the-sea/
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Jonathan Coulton is devoting a whole album to his guilty pleasure... 70s soft rock classics, covered recreated note-for-note.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136...an-coulton

Available in digital, CD, and/or vinyl (for the real 70s feel)!

(Confession: the mere fact that "Baker Street" is on there has me seriously considering it.)
Bunch of DnD players trying to get their game into an animated special....

They just happen to be Voice Actors... 

And the Kickstarter came close to breaking records.

Anyway...

Critical Role Kickstarter

Its already at $4M AUD.... and rising in the first day. Something to keep an eye on.
Just as I knew all of Life's Answers... they changed all the Questions!!
Quote:
There is one thing you don't put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existance, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap.
And what would that be sir?
Me.
- Dr Who
Whoa. Currently at $4,070,843 of a requested $750,000 -- and the pledge total kept going up while I was trying to copy it to clipboard.
-- Bob

I'm shocked that they've had four people pledge $10,000 and two pledge $20,000.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Three hours later and it's just shy of $4.3 million -- and it's gaining hundreds and thousands every time I look.
-- Bob

Back in the 80s, the legendary Michael Stackpole built a more-or-less-contemporary pulp-adventure RPG off the Tunnels & Trolls ruleset: Mercenaries, Spies, & Private Eyes. When they hit a bad patch a few years later, Flying Buffalo Inc. sold off the rights to a company called Sleuth Publications, who left some things out of their edition and added others in.

Now Rick Loomis (probably some relation), FBI's highest of high sheriffs, has recovered the rights and is producing a third edition that combines everything from its predecessors, and will probably add more stuff as stretch goals are filled:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/994...by-michael
The latest Girl Genius webcomic Kickstarter is up and funded:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gir...phic-novel
Technically an Indiegogo, but the Erma: The Game campaign is live.

https://igg.me/at/7EDV8SeA-iQ/x

Our favorite half-yūrei wanders Blairwood in a point-and-click-'em-up search for the pieces of her (mad) science project. Blood! Gore! Family fun!
Gunsmith Cats explosive edition looks like it is on schedule post kickstarter

i'm happy
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(03-05-2019, 08:49 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Whoa.  Currently at $4,070,843 of a requested $750,000 -- and the pledge total kept going up while I was trying to copy it to clipboard.

And Critical Role's "Vox Machina" seems to be leveling off at a bit short of $7 million.
-- Bob

(03-09-2019, 04:39 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 08:49 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Whoa.  Currently at $4,070,843 of a requested $750,000 -- and the pledge total kept going up while I was trying to copy it to clipboard.

And Critical Role's "Vox Machina" seems to be leveling off at a bit short of $7 million.

well, they still have 40 days to go... Angel
(03-09-2019, 05:26 PM)Norgarth Wrote:

It's official.  Because of how much money their Kickstarter has brought in, they're not just gonna do a single episode.  They are now aiming to do a full-blown season.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cri...ts/2438483
(03-10-2019, 07:19 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 05:26 PM)Norgarth Wrote:

It's official.  Because of how much money their Kickstarter has brought in, they're not just gonna do a single episode.  They are now aiming to do a full-blown season.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cri...ts/2438483

Well, the last time I checked they'd already passed stretch goals to triple the original length anyway (and that was around the $4mill mark).  It's not surprising. Still cool though.