Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy.
Howdy.
Hello, everyone. Name's MarshalGraves, call me 'Marshal', 'Graves', or 'JJ', depending on your preference.

Not much to say. I was born here, in New Orleans. I've lived here all my life, barring a couple of unforeseen circumstances. I've loved, and lost, what some might think is an unfair amount. Couldn't tell you, I don't compare my life to the lives of others. Misfortune is misfortune is misfortune. Everybody's seen it, and everybody's felt it. Ain't mean anybody's better or worse off than me.

I'm thirty.  Have been for a while, now. I've had a recent string of seriously bad luck, starting with a car accident last year and ending (so far) with the fallout of a hit-and-run two months ago. Somewhere in the middle of all that, my favorite MUD did a realm wipe and I lost all my character data, my fiance decided to put an 'ex' in front of her descriptor (and a 'cheating' in front of the 'ex', to boot), I got evicted from two separate places I called 'home', and I ended up here, living with my best friend.

It's been a rough ride, and it looks to be getting rougher, thanks to the idjit who decided to wallop my car from behind while I was at a dead-stop in a drive-thru. I came out mostly alright, but my back and neck were a mess from last October's red-light-rear-ender, and this accident turned 'messed up' into 'needs surgery'.

I go in for that in a few days.

I joined up because Black Aeronaut invited me along. See if I could get some feedback on a story I've been working on since the ex became the ex.

I figure, hey. A voice is a voice, and feedback's feedback. Don't see no harm in it, and if y'all see the gofundme campaign I have set up to pay my bills while I'm unable to work, and want to contribute (be it directly or by sharing the campaign around), every little's helpful, right?

Thanks for takin' the time to let me say my piece. Y'all have a good one.
I need your help. I was in a hit-and-run accident. Click on the link to see the gofundme campaign with the details.
RE: Howdy.
damn, that has been a run of bad luck.

Hope the surgery goes well
Hoi.

Yeah, he's had it pretty rough - rougher than I have lately. He's got some fic that's pretty much in the same vein as my own projects that he'd love to have some critique and commentary on, so I pointed him this way.
Hey Marshal! I recognize your name at least from SB/SV, and I'm terrible at names. Welcome to the boards, and may your situation improve soon.
We're always glad to have new members, Marshall. Welcome!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....